Rosa Diaz- Alley (a)

"For the tenth time, I'm not the guy your looking for..." Your back pressed firmly against the grimy brick wall as Rosa pressed further towards you with her pistol raised, you made sure your arms sat stiffly above your head.

"Then why did you run from the scene of the crime? Doesn't really make you look too innocent." She stopped when she stood around three arms-lengths from you but still had the barrel pointed sternly towards you.

"I don't know. I panicked." She reached for her handcuffs, but the humming of her radio caught her off guard.

"Rosa, it's Jake. We got the guy, meet back at the precinct." A slight, cocky grin couldn't help but spread across your face as she holstered her gun.

"Not even an apology?" You called out as she turned to exit back onto the street as if she hadn't chased you through Brooklyn and caused you to be late for work for what would be the third time in three days.

"On behalf of the ninety ninth precinct of the New York police department, I apologise for chasing you through the city and knocking you into a hot dog cart." She smirked back before her eye darted to the almost dried mustard stain that adorned your trouser leg.

"Real funny, at least I don't have hot dog water on my shirt." She looked down at her damp and very off-white shirt.

"Shit." She brought it carefully up to her nose and took a light inhale. The pungent, porky juice clearly wasn't palatable as her face screwed up in disgust. "I'm locked out of my apartment until they put the gas back on."

"Mustard stain doesn't seem too bad now does it?"

"You know you can put your hands down now?" She turned again to leave, this time with her head hung low and her hands pinching the shirt away from her stomach.

"Wait..." She quickly spun.

"What do you want now? Can you let me go and smell like hotdogs in peace?"

"My apartments nearby, come and have a shower, I can grab you a shirt from one of the outlet's nearby. I don't mind."

"Yeah right, you didn't steal the watch but I don't want to be that cop that ends up skinned in somebodies apartment."

"You can't work all day covered in hot dog water, I know some of the guys that run those stalls, you'll probably end up with chemical burns or something if you leave it on too long. It's close, I promise, I feel bad for running."

"Fine." She scoffed. "But I'm keeping my taser, cuffs and gun with me!"

~*~

Written by Aaron.