Amy Santiago- Organisation (a)

Amy walked up to the desk and placed a requisition form in front of you for some case files dating a few months back.

"Any chance I can come around and grab these? Holt wants the case re-opened after some new evidence so..."

"Yeah sure, just let me open up the door." You flipped through the plethora of unorganised keys that sat on the keyring for the precinct. "There you go, help yourself." You unlocked the door, pushed it open and gestured for her to go in.

"Hopefully I can find it, the cold case room has always been a tip, can never find anything. I offer to stay over and tidy it up but..." you interrupted her, seeing that she was getting a bit panicked about the unorganised closet.

"I organised it." You proudly exclaimed.

"Date order?" She asked.

"Date order, alphabetised within those dates and colour coded with the crime." Her jaw almost hit the floor as you handed her the sheet with the colour-coded key on.

"When did you find the time to do this? You have only been here for two weeks." She looked through the sheet and peered into the room, her face lit up with excitement and joy.

"Gina's job really isn't that hard, I had loads of time to do it, plus, organising stuff is fun." Amy spun around to the full precinct.

"See guys! I told you organising stuff is fun! But nobody listens. Y/N agrees!" She spun back around looking very proud that she had found somebody else with her love of organisation and tedious tasks.

"Are you going to come in and find your case or are you going to stand there and talk about it?" She took a deep breath and slowly walked into the room.

"Oh my god..." She exclaimed, her jaw still on the floor, she looked around with a gaze of amazement and childhood wonder. "It is beautiful!". Shelves lined the walls, each shelf filled with boxes of cold cases and binders, each in its rightful place with a coloured sticker on them.

"Go ahead..." you gestured to the shelves "... test it out, I developed the system myself."

She almost ran into the middle of the room and looked down at the sheet but then did not move.

"Are you not going to try and find it? I can't do your job and Gina's!" A single tear slowly rolled down her cheek.

"I already have found it!"

~*~

Written by Aaron.