Jake Peralta- Best Friends (c)

You weren't really sure where else to turn. Jake was your best friend and you loved him dearly in a platonic manner, so that was where you were going to turn seen as you knew he would be able to hopefully be understanding.

Knocking on the door, you waited for Jake to open the door to his apartment and within a few moments he did.

"What's wrong?" He asked, ignoring the need to say hello to you.

At first you were concerned as to how the hell he knew you weren't feeling great but then remembered you had cried the whole drive to his apartment so would likely have remnants of it still on your face.

"I just need someone to talk to."

Jake offered you a hug before leading you into his living room and letting you cry once more, allowing you get all of your emotions out until you were able to tell him everything. You spilled your heart out to him, telling him everything that was hurting you and for once he sat in silence and took in everything you had to say before offering you advice once you calmed down a bit.

"Are you sure they meant it?" He asked.

You nodded your head. "They said they never wanted to see me again."

Before you had gotten to Jake's, you had visited your parents to tell them something you had kept in for so long. You had admitted to them that you were bisexual, wanting to accept everything that you were part of and wishing that they could accept you too. They couldn't. At first they tried to play it off as a phase and that you were just trying to follow the trends of the young people of today but when you reiterated that you had recently been on a date with a woman, they didn't want anything to do with you. They had said some very hurtful things and pushed you away; you couldn't face putting up with that any longer.

"It's going to be okay," Jake smiled reassuringly, having had his own troubles with his parents but now got along with them both well. "You have so many people who love you and if they can't love you for who you are, then they aren't worth it. Rosa, Holt and I cannot judge you as we are in the same boat as you; Terry sees you as another of his little girls; Amy and Charles don't judge anyone. If your biological family can't be open to who you are, you still have a family in us, o who cares about what they think?"

You couldn't help the weak smile that curled upon your lips.

"Thank you, Jake," you said softly. "You always know how to make me feel better."

"That's what best friends do."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.