Amy Santiago- Ambulance (c)

You certainly didn't think that the day would end with you being in an ambulance, tears covering your face as you tried to keep hope for your girlfriend and colleague who was lying on the bed.

The two of you had been chasing a suspect when you cornered them. You tried to talk them down, but they had no sense and shot at the two of you. You were lucky to have taken a shot back and forced them to stop. You assumed that everything was going to be okay, but that's when you saw that Amy was clutching her lower abdomen with blood seeping through her fingers.

Quickly you called in for assistance due to both the suspect and Amy being injured. Two ambulances arrived and you got in the back with Amy, terrified that something was going to go wrong. She was struggling to stay conscious and you weren't prepared to lose her, so you wanted to stay by her side and make sure that she knew that you were there by her side.

"I love you," she croaked, gently squeezing your hand, unable to muster up any strength to squeeze anymore.

"I love you too Amy," you smiled softly down at her. "You're going to be okay."

The paramedic kept working on her as you stayed out of their way but refusing to move away from the person that you cared deeply about, wanting to be by her side every step of the way.

"If something happens..." she trailed off, her eyes fluttering as she tried to stay awake through all of the pain and blood loss. "Please..."

You weren't willing to hear anymore because no matter what you weren't going to lose her today or anytime soon. Amy was strong and she was going to get through this, even if it was going to be a rough road.

"You aren't going to die. You cannot die! I won't let it happen!" You told her, desperate to have her keep hope.

Amy weakly smiled at you; her eyes closed. "I love you so much."

Her smile quickly dropped as she completely lost consciousness. The ambulance stopped almost seconds later, the paramedics fighting to get her into the hospital and able to find her the help that she desperately needed. You were left stood in the ambulance, tears falling down your cheeks as you panicked about what was going to happen to the woman you loved.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.