chapter seventy-four

a/n: new cover cuz i'm bored

"it's gonna be a while, huh?" ben laughed half-heartedly, looking around at the bustling airport. eliana nodded, holding the tears back. "probably not until august, at least." she said. "that is, if i make-"
ben put his finger to her lips. "you're making that team, sweetheart."
"don't jinx it." she giggled.
"you can't jinx the inevitable." he smiled. "call me-"
"when i land, i know." she combed his curls away from his face so she could see into his eyes.
"i love you." he blurted out.
"i love you." she stood up on her toes and kissed him. "i should go."
ben frowned and pulled her into his chest, resting his chin on top of her head.
"ben, i'm gonna miss my flight." she mumbled into his chest. he scrunched his nose up and reluctantly let her go. "i already miss you."
"i'll see you soon." she smiled with tears in her eyes and kissed him, then picked up her suitcase and turned around.

"el!" lola ran towards her and hugged her.
"sanchez!" peter laughed. "you were literally in the middle of a floor routine!"
she turned around and stuck her tongue out. "my wife is back, please don't interrupt."
he shook his head. "how are you, el?"
"sad!" she said with a sarcastic thumbs up.
"sad?" he raised an eyebrow.
"i won't see ben until, like, august, so..."
"oh, i'm sorry, el." he frowned, then grinned. "but...more time for gymnastics!" "alright, let's get to it." she laughed, and headed to the locker room.