chapter ninety-five

soph

soph.hanigann: we're @bentylercook's favorite girls🤪
49,072 comments
     user1: no need to flex
     lolchez: hell yea we are
     bentylercook: it's true
        user2: i love this sm
     elianadempsey: who's ben
     user3: you're also olympians but ok
        grace_york: ben's favorite girls first,
        gymnasts second
        cally.federline: ain't that the truth
     user4: i like how they met ben...once
     and this happened
         lolchez: it's the literal hours el
        spends on facetime with him tbh

grace_york: pre-opening ceremony podium training with @bentylercook's favorite girls31,690 comments     user1: lmao     bentylercook: you guys are just      making fun of me now :(        grace_york: whaaaat noooo ofc not     user2: so much sparkl...

31,690 comments
     user1: lmao
     bentylercook: you guys are just
     making fun of me now :(
        grace_york: whaaaat noooo ofc not
     user2: so much sparkleee
     lolchez: we kinda killed it just sayin

grace_york: pre-opening ceremony podium training with @bentylercook's favorite girls31,690 comments     user1: lmao     bentylercook: you guys are just      making fun of me now :(        grace_york: whaaaat noooo ofc not     user2: so much sparkl...

bentylercook: landed in rio and ready to see my favorite girls kill it
20,394 comments

ben walked back into the arena after taking a little walk to stretch his legs, and a woman was sitting in the seat next to him.

"mrs. dempsey!" he grinned. she turned to him as he sat down.

"ben, i didn't know you would be here." she said.

"yeah, i got a flight really last minute." he laughed. "i'm surprised ellie still had a ticket left."

she nodded uneasily. "that seat was supposed to be for sam, but he didn't really..." she trailed off.

"didn't want to come?" he finished, and she nodded yet again before looking around. "just a little warning, they might try to mic us up at some point."

"like, for tv?"

"yeah. it's what they've done every time i'm at worlds, and i see that cally's parents already have them." she pointed to a couple a few rows over.

sure enough, a couple minutes later, a man with an nbc press badge came over to them. "hi, are you..." he looked down at a piece of paper, "kerry and sam dempsey?"

"oh, um, no, i'm not sam." ben said. "i'm ben, eliana's boyfriend."

"oh." the man shrugged. "that'll work. nbc wants to mic you guys up for the competition today, would that be okay?"

kerry nodded, and ben did the same.

"awesome." he pulled a small pack out of his bag, then unzipped it and handed them small microphones. "you're just going to attach these to your shirt collars, and the light will blink green when you're live."

"thanks." ben smiled.

"and, uh, just be careful what you say, alright?" the man laughed. "you never know when it's going to turn on."

bentylercook: she cute💓👀comments are disabled

comments are disabled.