chapter one hundred

eliana thanked the driver of the moving van as he set off for new york city. it was almost six in the morning, and still dark outside. she quietly went back into her apartment and started to gather up the few things she had left in her room. her flight wasn't until the evening, so she had time to get everything together. careful to not wake lola, she started to take the pictures down off the wall and pack them into a small box to put in her suitcase. her phone buzzed, and she reached over to grab it.

ben: morning :) today's the day!
     eliana: the moving van just left here i'm
     so exciteddd
     ben: me too
     i love you
     eliana: i love you more

she smiled and laid back on the covers, just thinking about what her life was going to look like now.

the airport was busy, as usual, when eliana picked up her bags and came through the lobby, searching for ben. the sun was beginning to disappear over the horizon, and its golden light shone into the lobby, illuminating all the passing faces. as she scanned the crowd, a familiar face caught her eye, and she jogged over to him. ben kissed her as soon as she was within reach, and smiled.

"you ready?"

"more than ready."

ben brought her last box into the apartment and kissed her again. "alright. we've got a lot of work to do."

she frowned and hung her arms around his neck. "can't we do something else?"

ben laughed. "uh-uh, sweetheart. we either get this done now or we put it off and just make ourselves more stressed."

eliana stuck her bottom lip out and did her best puppy-dog eyes, but ben just shook his head. "sorry. i'm immune."

she sighed. "i guess other measures will have to be taken." she pulled his face down to hers and kissed him, then moved down to his neck.

ben's face went red, and he laughed. "not fair, ellie." he lightly pushed her off and pointed to the mountain of boxes in front of them. "we have to."

eliana rolled her eyes and grabbed the first box off of the stack. "worth a shot."

they had stayed up all night unpacking, and at eight, ben and eliana finally collapsed into bed.

ben turned to look at her. "we live together now."

"i know. it's so cool." she giggled.

"i know we've already talked about this, but you, like, want to get married, right?" he asked.

she smiled. "of course, duh. not right now, though."

"well, yeah. i'm not even twenty." he said.

"but maybe in a year or two." she thought out loud. "and we can have it near your parents house, at that little chapel. i'll just fly my mom and sam out, and we'll make peter come, too." she giggled.

ben smiled. "that sounds perfect."

a yawn escaped her lips, and she shifted closer to ben and drifted off to sleep.

elianadempsey: tired eyes, but at least we're moved in :)37,894 comments     user1: did she move to nyc?     user2: uhh

37,894 comments
     user1: did she move to nyc?
     user2: uhh...gymnastics?
     lolchez: i miss you already
     user3: isn't peter based in chicago?
     user4: so she sweeps the olympics and
     then just quits...embarrassing👀
     joshuaburrage: oh hellooo neighbors
     bentylercook: i'm never drinking your
     coffee again🤢
        elianadempsey: how rude
     user5: lol what about gymnastics
     ddeluca12: i better not hear y'all
     through these walls
        bentylercook: shut up please❤️

bentylercook: the only room with a view is the room with you in it37,024 comments     lolchez: thief        user1: ??        lolchez: he stole my roommate     user2: did she quit gymnastics?     user3: is she still training     joshuaburrage: too ...

37,024 comments
     lolchez: thief
        user1: ??
        lolchez: he stole my roommate
     user2: did she quit gymnastics?
     user3: is she still training
     joshuaburrage: too cute
     elianadempsey: caption has me soft
     user4: i'm confused i thought her gym
     was in chicago and this looks like nyc...