chapter eighty-nine

"el, get up." lola shook her roommate's shoulders, and eliana rolled over with a groan. "what?"
"we have to go do an interview."
"no."
"yes."
"no."
"come on, el." lola grabbed her hands and pulled her up and out of bed.
"didn't we just do an interview last night?" she grumbled.
"yeah, but this is different."
"of course it is."
"you're gonna have to get used to doing press." lola said, matter of fact. 
"i was supposed to get breakfast with ben." eliana sighed. "what do we have to wear?"
"i think black leggings and the blue jackets. and the sneakers they gave us."

"that took way too long." eliana said, walking out of the studio. she checked her phone and sighed. "god, i'm already late."
"well, get going!" cally shooed her away. eliana laughed and jogged down the street, towards the café she and ben planned to meet at, while pulling out her phone and calling him.
"hey, sweetheart, where are you?" he answered.
"i had a dumb interview thing, i'm so sorry, i'm like, running down the street right now." she laughed.
"it's okay, ellie." he smiled. "just let me know when you get here."
a little smile gee on her face when she saw a familiar figure leaning up against the side of the restaurant, talking on the phone.
"turn around." she said, then hung up the phone. ben slid his phone into his pocket and turned around. she closed the small distance between them and threw her arms around his shoulders.
"i love you so much, eliana dempsey." he said. she pulled away and kissed him. "i love you more."
he took a look at her outfit and raised his eyebrows. "that's cute."
"i had an interview." she rolled her eyes and slipped her hand into his, and they went into the café.

elianadempsey: couldn't be happier :)comments are disabled

comments are disabled.

"so, schedule." ben said through a mouthful of waffle. "what's up with the next couple of days?"
"i honestly have no idea." eliana laughed. "i didn't know i had an interview today until this morning, so i'll have to ask peter."
"my dad's flying back to virginia today, but i didn't book anything yet."
"i wanna say that i'm flying back to chicago tomorrow, and i'm there for a week at most before going to the ranch."
ben stopped chewing. "the ranch?"
"yeah."
"you're going to the ranch until you leave?"
"yeah." she poked her fork at the strawberries on top of her waffle. "it sucks, i know."
"when are you leaving for rio?"
"july 29th. i think it's a thursday."
ben thought for a minute. "well, maybe i can come back to chicago with you. just until you go."
"don't you have auditions and stuff?"
"i'll cancel them."
she raised her eyebrows. "ben."
he grabbed her hand across the table. "there's not a single job i would take over being able to spend time with you." he said. "besides, i sort of booked something. newsies is doing a live recording, and they asked me to come back and play race again."
she gasped. "are you serious?"
he nodded, grinning. "completely. it's in september."
"oh, ben, that's amazing!"
"i know, i'm super excited."
she looked down for a second. "so, were you able to get a flight to rio, or anything?"
he sighed. "i did, yeah."
"but?"
"i have to leave after the all around final."
she let out a sigh of relief. "oh my gosh, ben, that's okay! i thought you were gonna say you booked the wrong dates or something." she giggled.
"no, no!" his eyes went wide as he laughed. "i checked the dates like, four times."
"i'm so happy you're coming." she smiled contentedly.

"lola, you here?" eliana pushed open her hotel room door, and ben followed her in.
"she must be out with the girls." she said, then flopped down onto her bed. ben sat down and kissed her, a tiny smirk on his face, while eliana climbed into his lap. he fell backwards into the covers, making her giggle. a few minutes later, he had flipped the two of them over, and was propped up on his elbows kissing her. suddenly, the door opened, and the rest of the team usa girls walked in.
"oh, really, guys?" lola rolled her eyes.
"i don't mind." sophie tried to wink unsuccessfully, and ended up aggressively blinking at ben. he laughed uneasily and sat up, brushing his messy curls away from his face.
cally pushed sophie out of the way and stuck out her hand. "nice to finally meet you in person."
"yeah, you too." he said nervously.
"alright, we're watching a movie, if you two would like to join us." grace looked between them and jumped onto lola's bed.
"this is almost scarier than meeting your family." ben muttered in his girlfriend's ear.
"you are meeting my family."