Pain

( Mia)
I woke up this morning to feeling stiff and horrible. The beatings I got last night are starting to take over my body. As I got up to get in the shower I ached all over. I wasn't going to let this stop me going to school. Once I got out the shower I put an oversized sweatshirt on so nobody could see the bruises and scars. I paired this with a pair of high waisted black jeans and out on my white trainers.
I decided not to have breakfast this morning as I just want to get out the house as quick as possible. It takes 30 minutes to walk to school however I enjoyed every minute of it. It was time where I could relax and not have to live in constant fear of my father hurting me.

After a peaceful walk to school I arrived at school. I walked through the gates with my backpack on my shoulder. That's when I could see Kara waiting for me by our lockers.
" hi" Kara said happily. She was always joyful which is what I loved. Nobody was really like that at home as father was always looking over us.
We both talked as we walked to our next lesson.

After a long day at school, I got back home to my father waiting at the door.
" hello Mia . I have news "
" what?" I asked questionably. What news could he possibly have for me.
" ahh you see, we have a ball to attend to tomorrow night. All mafias will be there and their leaders including Alessandro. "
The mention of his name gave me goosebumps. There was no denying the fact Alessandro was gorgeous. He had a body like a Greek god and had eyes so mesmerising you could stare for days.
" why mention Alessandro "
" well your going to talk to him. Ask for his hand in marriage. "
" what! Are you out of your mind "
" remember who you are talking to Mia "
" I am not going to offer my hand in marriage when I don't want to. I am not going to talk to him let alone marry him . " pure horror was on my face. How could he expect this ?
Before I knew what was happening I felt a sting on my cheek. He had just slapped me. I looked up to him in fright. I somehow for just a few seconds in that conversation felt powerful. I felt like i could face him.
He kicked me in the stomach sending me flying to the floor. He kicked me repeatedly until I was struggling for air.
" please stop " I gasped barley breathing.
" listen to me next time. You will come to the ball with me and talk to him. You have a dress in your room. We will leave at 6 pm tomorrow "
That was all my wicked father said before I left the room leaving me shaking and trying to get my breath back.

End of chapter