Beautiful

(Mia )
I was still lying on the floor. It felt like all the air was knocked out of my body. I was gasping for air. Maybe this is how I am meant to die. Maybe it's best this way.
My eyes started to shut and I was ready to give up when Tyler and mason came running into the room.
" Mia " they both shouted horrified.
Mason picked me up and rested me on his lap while Tyler ran into the first aid cupboard and got some water and the first aid kit. He ran back to me and opened my mouth.
" come on Mia drink this " he pleased with me.
He opened my mouth and tipped the water down my throat. I choked however I managed to swallow it.
Instantly my dry throat felt refreshed.
Tyler and mason were still panicking and are opening the first aid box to treat any wounds I had.
" he can't keep doing this to her " Tyler shouted angrily.
" hey I know. It's not fair " mason said sympathetically as he looked over at me.
I panted as I managed to get back my steady breathing.
" you can't go to school tomorrow" mason said angrily.
" what" I managed to give a quiet mutter.
" it's the ball tomorrow night. You should rest for that . "
" I can go to school " I said breathlessly. The beatings we're getting worse I'll agree but I didn't want to stop going to school.
" no, you need to take time for yourself. Pamper yourself before the ball. " mason said as he placed his hand on top of me and gave me a small smile. I nodded my head back to say I approved.

It was now the next day and I had just woken up. I felt refreshed. I got out of bed and looked in the mirror to see if any bruises had come out yet. There were a few on my arms and one across my stomach but it wasn't too bad. I jumped in the hot shower.
The familiar feeling of hot water trickling down my body made my muscles relax. I always found hot showers helped the bruises and cuts.

Later on in the day I was sitting down when mason walked in.
" your dress is upstairs "
" you've got me a dress " I asked happily
" Of course " he said as I wrapped my arms around him.
" come on, let's go and have a look" he grabbed my hand and took me upstairs to my room. As we walked in I could see it lying down on the bed.

"Holy"Mason chuckled to himself

"Holy"
Mason chuckled to himself. " it's yours sis "
" but it's too nice for me "
" I can't think of a dress that suits anyone better than how this will suit you "
I still couldn't believe it. Father was always strict on what I wore however he obviously didn't care for tonight. He wanted me to impress.
" Do you want to come and get some food "
" sure "

After that us three talked and talked for hours. At around midnight we decided to go to bed. I laid down in my bed for the first time in my life feeling excited for the next day.

I woke up to sun shining through my windows. I took a big sigh as I stared out of the window. It was about 6 hours until the ball. This ball was going to be an escape from the prison I live in for one night. I was glad of it.
I went downstairs after I had a shower to get some lunch. I decided to have tomato pasta. While I was cooking I felt the atmosphere suddenly turn heavy. I looked around the kitchen to see my father standing by the door.
" Mia, remember we are going to the ball at 6. You need to impress Alessandro or else. "
I nodded back to him trying not to make eye contact.
He walked over here and grabbed my arm.
" if you don't you know what will happen "
He then let go of my arm leaving fingernail prints on me.
He walked out the room leaving me to have a deep breath. It felt like I was holding my breath the whole time he was in here.