Listen to me

Mia
I couldn't sleep.
Alessandro had his hand wrapped protectively across my stomach while his body was pressed against mine. I wanted to stay just like that however I was too hot. I carefully got out of the covers so I didn't wake him and grabbed my phone. I walked downstairs and sat in the lounge. I turned the tv on however I turned the volume down to low so it wouldn't wake anyone.
To my surprise, my phone started ringing. I picked it up and looked at the name however it said no caller ID.
I answered the phone anyway just in case it was my doctor.
Phone call
" hello" I said Into the phone. The only sound I could hear from the person was low heavy breathing. Finally then decided to speak up.
" hello, Mia. It's Romeo, alessandro's father. "
I didn't reply as I was too in shock. Why was he calling me? How did he get my number?
" how did you get my number?" I asked
Thus earned a small chuckle from Romeo . " love, I work in the mafia."
I didn't know what to say to this so I just kept quiet.
" now, I am not impressed with you . " he said in a low, dangerous voice.
" why ?" I asked
" because you're pregnant " as soon as he said this it's as if in the inner mother in me came jumping out.
" well, that is not your problem. Alessandro and I are happy . " I told him boldly.
"That's where you are wrong. The mafia is no place for a baby. I know that and so does Alessandro. He might be telling you he's happy but really he knows it's a mistake. "
" alessandro's told me he's happy. "
" oh, honey your so naive. Alessandro doesn't give a shit about you or the baby and we can all tell that. So how about this. I'll pay for the abortion. You need to leave the country and leave Alessandro. But first get the abortion then you need to stay a few days to convince him that nothings wrong and then just leave. Pack up your stuff and leave . Never come back because we don't want you here . "
"No, I'm not doing that" pure anger was surging through my body.
" honey, everybody listens to me. You will have an abortion and leave. It's what's best for everyone. If you tell Alessandro about our conversation or about any of what you are doing I won't be afraid to get in touch with your father. " I gulped at the word. No, he wouldn't.
" I'll make you loose everyone you have ever loved. I'll leave Alessandro though. Leave him
Thinking you have abandoned him. That you don't
Care about him and you never have."
My breathing started to increase until they became small pants.
" I expect the abortion today and you to leave in two days.People will be watching your every move to make sure you stick to the plan.
Goodbye Mia"
Then the phone line went dead. My breathing increased as I was having a panic attack.
I chucked the phone down onto the sofa in a panic

Everything was slowly fading. It was as if the world was escaping me. Holding me prisoner and stripping me of oxygen.
I suddenly heard Alessandro's husky voice shouting my name. He came running in to the lounge as he could hear me struggling for breath.
" Mia ?" He questioned as he came running over with a panicked look on his face. He gently placed each of his hands on my shoulder.
He stood behind me as he gently rubbed my shoulders.
" baby, it's okay. Just take a breath. " he told me as he placed a hand on my bump and gently rubbed it. With his other hand he soothingly drew circles in my hair.
" follow me baby. Breathe in" he said as he also did the same.
" and out" he followed with shortly after.
" now keep doing that for me. You're okay baby Ive got you." He told me again
Slowly, my breathing returned back to normal. By this point I was falling asleep. Alessandro was supporting me so I didn't fall over.
" come sit " he said to me. Alessandro sat on the sofa and patted his lap. He helped me down. I snuggled my head into the crook of his neck while he stroked my back. There was something so utterly calming about this. Something that made him feel like home. I felt safe.

A while later I realised that I was being lifted from the sofa by Alessandro. My eyes were glued shut, so I didn't bother to open them.
" what's happening ?" I sleepily asked
" it's okay baby. Go back to sleep. " he told me as he used his free hand to stroke my hair.
A few minutes later I was gently put down into the bed and Alessandro placed the covers over me. He kissed the top of my head and shut the door behind him. Before I knew it I was asleep. It was as if sleep helped fix your problems.

I rolled over and grunted. I really did not want to get up. I knew Alessandro would ask questions and if I'm being honest I don't  know how to answer. I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and saw that it was three in the afternoon. I've slept most of the day. I had a text for alessandro's dad too. It read, " Mia, remember people are watching. I've noticed you haven't gone to the clinic yet. Time is running out. " .
Without wasting another second I  went downstairs and put on my shoes. I decided it's best if I don't tell Alessandro I'm going.
Just as I opened the door, Alessandro called my name from the kitchen. He came walking out and he wrapped his arms around me.
" where are you going " he asked concerned.
" I just need some air " I told him.
" okay. " he nodded his head too.
" are you okay. What happened earlier ?" He asked gently.
" I just started panicking about the baby, that's all" I told him.
I kissed his cheek and said goodbye. As soon as I was out the door I breathed a sigh of relief. I got in my car and drove of quickly hoping nobody would see. That's when I saw two men sat in a blacked out car waiting outside. I gulped and just carried on driving past. I looked I'm my rear mirror and saw that they were following me. That's when I realised Romeo wasn't messing around he was serious. He was serious about all this. And that thought alone was enough to send shivers down my spine.

I drove to the clinic, with tears streaming down my face. I pulled up the car and so did the men.
I grabbed a tissue from my bag to wipe my eyes before I applied some lip gloss to try and make my appearance look better before I walked in. The men waited in their car.

As soon as I sat down in the waiting room the river of tears flowed down my cheeks. There was no use stopping them.

End of chapter.

Hi, sorry for not updating I'm in holiday however I will try and upload more.
What are all your opinions?
Thanks for reading, I love you all!! ❤️