It will only ever be you

Alessandro
My hands were still on her gun shot wound, trying to stop the bleeding.
I was in denial.
" come on baby" I said as I started to give her cpr.
"Alessandro stop " Leo told me but I carried on.
This could work.
Maybe I could save her.
Maybe we could be together again.
I carried on pushing my hands into her chest at a steady rhythm.
" STOP" Leo shouted. It was a scream of pain.
I carried on.
" stop it. She's dead Alessandro. She has been for hours. It's impossible. You've got to let her go. This isn't fair on her. " he told me as his voice broke.

I gently stopped giving cpr however I couldn't bring myself to remove my hands still from her wound.
" come on. We both know it's best" he told me.
Slowly I took away my hands, seeing dried blood everywhere.
Staining my hands.
Clothes.
" my god. " I said as I finally for the first time looked at the wound.
" I'm so sorry " I told her.
I walked away, so I could try and compose myself before walking back to her.
I walked over to the crib and looked down at our babies.
They looked so peaceful .
Yet so vulnerable.
I would look after them.
Be the best dad I can be.
All for Mia.
I walked back over to Mia and sat on the side of the bed and put my arms either side of her lifeless body.
I leant over her head and kissed her forehead.
" I'm so sorry baby. I should of been here to protect you. I should of cared for you more. I'm so sorry. This should be me. You deserve to live not me.
But I love you Mia. I've always loved you and I always will. It pains me I didn't get to make you my wife but just know I'm another lifetime I will. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. You've given me the greatest gift in life and I couldn't be happier. You were the perfect girl for me and you will always be. You're the only person that's meant for me. I love you more than you will ever know.
I'm so proud of you. " I said with a small laugh as the tears cascaded down my cheeks.
" for everything you did. For everything you stood for. You made me a better man. You've made everybody so happy. I couldn't ask for anyone better.
But it's okay. Don't worry about me. You can rest. I'll be fine. I'll be okay. I've got the girls.
I promise you with everything in my heart I will try my hardest to be the best father I can be. I'll tell them all about their amazing mum and how in love we were. I'll tell them everything about you.
But most of all, I'll miss you. I'll miss you laughter, happiness, kindness, love and joy you give me. You'll be forever in my heart. Just know that I'll see you soon love, then we can have our happy ever after. I will love you forever and always. " I said with a final kiss before moving off from the bed and towards Leo.
We enveloped each other in a hug as we both cried.

I walked over to the crib and picked up both the babies.
I was so proud.
I looked down at them as they both opened their eyes lovingly.
" I'll love you. I'll take care of you " i told them as I rocked them both in my arms.
They both fell back asleep instantly.
They were my rocks.
It was in this moment I realised I could do it.
I'd do it for them.
I'd make Mia proud.

End of chapter!
Sorry this took so long!
I didn't expect to be so busy this week. I'll update again hopefully tomorrow with another chapter. There will be a few chapters left before the book ends.

I love you all!