alternative ending

(mia )

" You have just been discharged, you can leave the hospital" the midwife came into the delivery room to tell us. She smiled sweetly as she left the room, leaving me and Alessandro. 

Instantly a smile spread across my face. We had been at the hospital with the twins for 10 days and I was ready to go home. 

" Well done baby, well done" Alessandro said as he came over and kissed the top of my head. I giggled quietly as the twins were asleep. 

I managed to get out of bed slowly. The pain has got a lot better as my gun wound was starting to heal and the effects of giving birth to twins still hurts like a bitch but oh well, it was worth it. 

Alessandro helped me get changed into my long jacket and then we both walked over to our beautiful babies. 

We both looked down lovingly at what we created. I've never seen a love so pure in somebody's eyes before as I do when Alessandro looks at them. I can tell he would be the best dad and I always knew he would be. 

" Come on, let's get home " I said to him as I placed my hand comfortingly on his to pull him out of whatever trance he was in. We stood in the big window and watched the snow fall peacefully outside, dusting the ground. 

" we are so lucky Mia, so lucky. That day, you should have died. We got lucky. The odds were all against you but yet you gave me the best gift and not only did you give me two beautiful daughters but you stayed strong. I am so happy. I love you Mia and I know that if I had lost you, I would never love anyone again. The love I have for you could just never be replaced by anyone. So that why I am going to do this" I looked next to me to see he was down on one knee in front of the babies Moses baskets as the snow pleated down outside. I started crying with happiness. I didn't know life could get this good, and I never expected this. 

'' Will you give me the honour of being able to call you my wife?" he said as a stray tear slipped down his cheek. 

" YES, YES. OF COURSE YES!" I screamed in delight as I wrapped myself up in his tight embrace. 

" You're so perfect for me, my love. So so so perfect." he told me as we kissed. We kissed like we've never kissed before. He kissed me as if I was slipping away and he needed to remember the way I tasted before I left him. But I knew as I was in his arms , in this moment that I would always be safe with him. That I would never have to worry. I had everything I ever wanted and I knew the girls would be safe with him. 

As we walked down the long hospital corridors, I was carrying Hailey in her car seat while Alessandro was holding Kayleigh in hers. We slowly walked hand in hand out of the hospital and towards the car. We placed them in the back and we drove off taking all the happy memories with us yet leaving the painful, awful ones behind us. 

As we pulled up at home, we could see Leo and some of Alessandro's gang in the window waiting for our arrival. 

We got out the car with both of us holding one twin in their car seat. Before we could open the front door it flew open revealing an impatient Leo, screaming in excitement. 

' Mia" he screamed as he came towards me. 

" CAREFUL, SHES FRAGILE" Alessandro shouted protectively as Leo came towards me and hugged me. 

" congratulations you guys" Leo said as he looked down at the twins. 

" wow, they look so perfect" he said in amazement as we walked in the door and held them in our arms so everybody could see. 

" This is Hailey, and Alessandro is holding Kayleigh" I told them as everybody looked adored by them. 

" Congratulations" everybody said. 

" Mia, Alessandro?" a woman asked confused as we could see a figure coming down the stairs. 

" Mum" Alessandro said happily as she made her way down and hugged us both tightly. 

" I am so sorry for everything he did to you mia" she told me as she kissed my forehead. 

"Its okay don't worry. Im okay" I told her as I showed her Hailey" 

" Oh wow, She is so beautiful" she said with tears in her eyes as she looked down at our babies. 

once everybody had fussed over the twins, I realised nobody had seen the ring on my finger. 

" Also something else happened" I said with a smile as I held up my hand for everyone to see. 

" NO WAY" Leo shouted as he jumped up and hugged Alessandro. Alessandro's mum cried yet again and explained  how happy she was for us. 

" I knew you guys were perfect for each other " she said as she hugged her son. 

Watching everybody, hug, laugh and cry happy tears made me realise how much I am in love with this man, this life. Ive got the perfect ending to my fairytale romance. Which is all I have ever wanted. 

Mum, I hope you're proud. 

end of chapter! 

This is my alternative chapter for those of you who didn't like how the last one ended, I'm so sorry! 

What did you guys think to this. 

I hope many of you stay with me in this journey and read my other books to assail of you are so amazing. 

Thank you, yet again for all the love and support. 

Hopefully I will see you guys on some of my other books I write. 

You guys will always hold a special place in my heart as this is the first time I've done something like this and I never thought it could reach this level, so thank you!

Love you guys always  ❤️