Fragile

Alessandro

I've never felt so helpless. All I want to do is shelter her from danger and protect her from the ones she feared, yet I didn't. I didn't save her when she needed me . That's all I could think about while I watched over her fragile body. All I want is to see her beautiful face and hear her calming voice.
Every time I looked up at her broken body it felt like a piece of my heart broke.
Leo cleared his throat and that's when I remembered he was in the room .
" I wasn't there for her " I said angrily to Leo
" you did the best you could "
" BUT IT WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH! SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN WAITING AND COUNTING ON ME TO GET THERE BUT I DIDN'T"
" Alessandro, you didn't hurt her so it's not you fault. We will get the people that have hurt her don't worry"

Hours passed and now it was dark outside. I haven't left the seat beside her. I'm scared that as soon as I go she will wake up.
I was looking down at my phone when I heard a cough. I looked up and saw Mia with her eyes open, coughing.
I shot out the seat and ran to her side.
" Mia " I said concerned.
She looked at me and smiled even though she was coughing.
" it's okay" I said to her as she finally managed to stop coughing. I would of rubbed her back but I wasn't allowed to move her.
Once she stopped coughing I gently rubbed my thumb over her cheek.
" Alessandro, where am I ?" Her voice sounded broken and croaky.
" it's okay baby, you're in the hospital. "
" oh yeah " she suddenly remembered and I could see some tears fall down her cheek. She tried to get up but I quickly and lightly pushed her back down.
" you have to stay there. You had internal bleeding "
She nodded her head as she put her head back down on the pillow.
" Alessandro I need to tell you what happened "
" whenever you're ready, you can "
" I'm ready now "
" no, you need to get better. "
" okay" she said with a sigh.
" I'll get the doctor and tell them your awake. Don't move " I warned her as I walked out the room.

Mia
I was happy Alessandro was with me yet I couldn't help feeling scared when he left. I know he will protect me yet when I'm on my own I fear my life. My father could be anywhere, ready to attack me. I couldn't sit up as I had no strength. I could hear noises yet I couldn't see what they were. Then I heard footsteps coming towards me. Maybe it was my father?
Just as I was about to scream Leo's face came into view.
" hey Mia, it's only me " he said noticing my panic.
" hey Leo "
" how are you feeling "
" okay, quite stiff and weak but okay "
" Look" he said with a sigh
" I think Alessandro has fallen hard for you "
" really "
" yeah. When he found you all he did was panic. I've never seen him so terrified. He is always the one who knows how to deal with things and is always calm but when you were hurt all I could see was fear. He was screaming Mia. Crying. He broke down in the hospital when you were taken out his arms. He won't want me telling you any of this but I just thought you should know, he's serious about you "
A tear slipped down my cheek. The thought of Alessandro being upset tears my heart into pieces. I'd do anything for him.
I was happy that he is serious about me cause I'm serious about him too.
Leo cleared his throat when Alessandro came back, running into the room with a doctor.
" Mia, are you okay " he asked panicked
I chuckled " yes I'm fine "
I could see his face wash over with relief.
" hi Mia, I'm your doctor I just need to check vitals and your bruising "
" okay"
The doctor walked toward me and did all the tests and left the room.

For the rest of the day Alessandro, Leo and I all talked and watched films on the hospital tv. I wasn't allowed to move out of bed. I had to stay overnight for a few days. None of us muttered a word about who put me in the bed as we all knew that it would ruin the mood.
With that Leo left late evening leaving just Alessandro and I. I fell asleep that night holding his hand as he sat beside my bed.

End of chapter!
Thank you to people who are voting and reading my book, it means a lot! If you have any questions feel free to comment them or just any comments!