Truth

Mia
I was still sat up in my room unsure of what to do. Shall I tell Alessandro now or another day? So many questions clouded my vision.
Leo left me about half an hour ago. He stayed with me for a bit longer and then left to sort out some mafia stuff.
I couldn't help but feel a bit uneasy. This baby is going to be bought up into a life of mafia and crime. The mafia was not a safe place for a baby and would only put him or her in danger. Does that mean I would have to move away?
Before I could really think about what I was doing, I walked down the hall way into Alessandro's office. He was sat at his desk in a black suit. If this kid looks anything like him wow they will be beautiful!
He saw me standing in front of him.
" hi baby" he greeted me.
I walked over to him and kissed him passionately on the lips. Wow I did love this man.
That's when i realised, I am carrying his child yet neither of us have ever said I love you.
I knew it was too soon but I could do anything about it.
" please can we talk " I asked him.
His smile faded once he realised the serious tone.
" of course. Are you okay Mia " he asked panicked.
" yes I'm fine but I need to talk to you "
He kissed me on the head and sighed in relief.
We both sat down on the sofa in his office. He sat next to me but turned his body so he was facing me.
" promise you won't get mad " I said defeatedly . I was terrified. Terrified he would bail on me. Terrified I'd be left.
He looked at me unsure of what I meant.
" what's happening ?" He asked me.
My keens couldn't stop shaking and my mouth was completely dry.
Alessandro comfortingly rubbed his hand on my shaking knee.
" Mia take a deep breath. It's okay. " he assured me.
We both sat in silence for a minute, until I gained enough courage to speak.
" I'm pregnant"
I looked up at his face but I saw no emotion. He just sat there is stunned silence.
" Alessandro " I tried to get his attention but it seemed like he was somewhere else.
He looked at me with disgust before saying something I never thought he would say.
" I can't do this " he admitted. With that he left the room without another word. He slammed the door behind me.
I cried and cried until my eyes were so dry, not even a single drop of water could fall .

Alessandro
" I'm pregnant " as soon as she said those words it felt like my whole world stopped. Was she kidding ?
For a moment I thought she was joking but when I saw the panic on her face I knew she was telling the truth. This can't be happening. Mafia leaders don't have kids. It's a simple as that.
I'm not a family man. A couple months ago I was the type of guy that had prostitutes around every day. No man for a baby!
I was filled with too many emotions to speak.
" I can't do this " was the only word that came out my mouth before I left the room. My heart was beating heavily. She is pregnant with my child. I am going to be a parent. Everything was too much for me to take.
I walked out the door and got in my car and drove away. I was unsure of what and where I was going but I knew that anywhere would be better than home.

Mia
I grabbed a tissue from alessandro's desk to wipe my eyes. It felt impossible. As soon as I wiped the tears away, a stray tear would follow.
I cannot believe he has just walked out and left me. I need to talk to him.

I walked downstairs looking everywhere for him but I couldn't find him. I found Leo in the basement, training.
Once I approached him, he could see my bloodshot eyes and tear stained cheeks. Pain flashed across his eyes as he welcomed me into a hug.
" oh Mia " he said to me as he comforted me.
" were is he ?" I croaked
" I don't know Mia. Did he leave ?"
" I'm not sure. I told him and he walked out. I didn't follow him so I don't know where he went. "
" I'll help you look" Leo said apologetically.

For about an hour we had been looking yet we couldn't see him anywhere. Leo tried to call multiple times yet it just went straight to answer phone.
There was nothing we could do except sit and wait. So that's what I did. I sat down in the lounge patiently waiting.

End of chapter!