Afterwards

Alessandro

I banged my office desk furiously as I got another false lead. I wouldn't be surprised if her father had something to do with all this. It's been a week since Mia was attacked. The only thing I'd been doing since then is trying to find whoever attacked her.
The only thought that was going through my mind was the fact I was the ultimate mafia boss yet I couldn't protect the person I love.
I got up from my desk and angrily kicked the door. I kicked it until I had no feeling left in my leg at all. All that's consumed me for the past week was anger. How can someone just attack her? I was right there yet I was oblivious to what was happening. She's pregnant with our child and yet I don't feel like I deserve the unconditional love I'll receive from our unborn baby

After sitting at my desk all morning I decided to go and see Mia.
I looked in the mirror and sharpened my black suit jacket before leaving my office and going downstairs. I found her watching the tv in the lounge. Without saying a word I went over to her and laid down next to her. I wrapped my arms around her small body and held her. Something I should do more often. This was something I could of lost.

" Mia, I want to take you out tonight if you are willing to come ?" I asked her hopefully
" a date?" She questioned with a smile on her face.
" yes. A date" I told her as I took her hands in mine and waited for her answer.
" I'd love to. After all we haven't had a proper date ."
" I know. That's why I want to give you one tonight "
" we will leave at 7." was the last thing I told her before we both settled down to watch a movie.

Mia
I was going through all my clothes trying to decide what to wear.
I tried on multiple dresses yet they weren't perfect.
Out of the corner of my eyes I could see a baby blue dress . I took it from the rail and held it up against me . I looked in the mirror and instantly I believed I had found the dress.
Before getting into my dress,  I decided to lightly curl my hair. After I curled my hair I did my makeup and put on my dress.

The dress fitted me perfectly

The dress fitted me perfectly. The elegant silk flowed down my body fitting perfectly to my hips and curves.

As I sprayed my perfume there was a knock at the door.
" come in " I said to the person knocking.
That's when I saw Alessandro. As soon as he saw me his mouth flew open. He wanted to speak yet he was chocked on his words. I just stood opposite him waiting for him to take my hand.
" oh my " he stuttered.
Wow, I never thought a mafia boss would stutter!
" shall we go then ?" I asked him as I approached him. I touched his cheek and looked deeply into his eyes. He blinked a few times and then focused his attention onto me.
" I'll be waiting in the car " I whispered in his ear as I walked past lingering my finger across his lips.

Alessandro
My breath hitched in my throat as she slowly ran her finger across my lips. Once she left the room I couldn't move. I just stood there in a trance. She was all I needed.

Mia
I was waiting in the Lamborghini for at least five minutes before Alessandro came out. He got into the drivers seat and without saying a word to me drove off.

As we were both sat in the car quietly I spoke up.
" where are we going " I asked
" to this fancy restaurant. I'm taking you out on a proper date" he said as he turned to smile at me.

We pulled up outside the restaurant and parked the car. With alessandro's help I managed to get out the car elegantly. Alessandro linked his arm through mine and we both walked towards the entrance.
" how can I assist you?" A worker asked as whim was standing greeting people at the door.
" table for two under the name Accardo" Alessandro told the man.
As soon as Alessandro told him the name, it was as if he recognised it. He gulped in fear and rummaged around for our menus trying to distract himself.
Finally he managed to find the menus and walked us to our table.
The table was in the best spot. The table was on the rooftop so we had a view of the city. The stars twinkled in the night sky. Everything was perfect.

Alessandro
As we were being walked to the table I noticed many men staring at my girl. There eyes were glued to her. She was their ecstasy and they couldn't get enough.
I snapped my head towards some of them and gave them a powerful glare. Instantly when they saw my glare they turned away. No matter how many men I scared away, there was always more around the next corner.

Once we got to our table I felt like I could finally relax. Before I sat down I gave all the males near by a glare, one they would never forget. Instantly they took the message and put their heads down and ate their dinner. Perfect.

Mia
Everything was so perfect.
The candles flickered from the light breeze.
Alessandro cleared his throat to get my attention. I looked up at him and saw him smiling at me. I instantly smiled back.
I looked over the glass railing. Over at the skyscrapers and sighed. It was just so pretty. Catching me off guard I felt a hand on my knee. I looked across the table to see Alessandro staring deeply into my eyes.
I gulped and looked back towards the city, drinking in the sight. His hand roamed further up my leg sending shivers down my spine. Luckily, the waitress came over with our food causing Alessandro to pull his hand away.
I could feel my cheeks becoming red.

For the past three hours we have been sat laughing and talking together.
" are you ready princess?" He asked me
" yes " I told him as I went to get up from my seat.
We both stood up and I waited for him to be by my side. I went to grab his hand but instead Alessandro turned me around so I was standing in front of him. He slowly moved his thumb across my cheek and up across my lips. I took in a sharp breath.
His eyes gleamed with passion.
Feeling the need for him, I instantly cupped the back of his head and turned my head to the side. I closed my eyes and deeply kissed him. I kissed every inch of his lips. My tongue explored areas I've never been before.
We both reluctantly pulled away. I slowly opened my eyes and so did he. We started at each other deeply before connecting hands and walking back to the car. I was so lucky.

End of chapter!

Hi guys, sorry I haven't updated this week. I've been back at school and it's been quite busy but I will try and update more. I can't believe the amount of people commenting, voting and reading my book, it's incredible. I hope you enjoy this chapter!