Figure

34 weeks

Mia

It's been a week since everybody left. I haven't been doing much over the past week. I've found myself just sat in the nursery doing little jobs that help keep me entertained.

But now with one week left to go I've ran out of jobs.
I decide to go and take a walk in the garden as I'm not really meant to leave the house so this is the only fresh air I'm allowed.
I put on my slip on shoes as I can't bend down to do up laces and I walk out into the garden.

The smell of fresh roses fill the air, as I take deep breath's to take it all in.
The long grass tickles my ankles as I walk across it.
I've always liked being outside.
There's something so calming about being outside with the tweeting of the birds or the gentle sway of the trees.
As I'm walking to the swinging chair, I stop.
There it is again.
A dark shadow.
I take one step closer and I realise somebody's sat on the swing.
The persons dressed in all black. They are looking right at me.
I slowly move backwards towards the back door. I pull my phone from out my pocket and dial the security.
Yet no answer.
Fuck.
I call Alessandro's number hoping he will pick up.

Phone call
"Alessandro " I whisper into the phone.
" Mia, hey baby" he says
" I need help" I mutter as I slowly carry on walking towards the door however with me constantly facing the figure so I can watch them all the time.
I don't want it to know I'm on the phone so I only whisper.
" Mia, what's wrong? Are you hurt? Is it the baby? Have you gone into labour? "
" somebody's here "
" what?"he asked. You could hear the panic in his voice beginning to become more obvious.
" sat on the swing in the garden. A dark figure all in black. "
" shit. Okay where are you ?"
" in the garden. Walking slowly to the back door"
" fuck. Okay try and stay calm . What about security ?"
" not answering. "
" are they moving towards you"
" not yet. "
" get back inside. Do not hang up."
" I won't. Fuck Alessandro they are walking towards me " instantly my heartbeat grew quicker. They were coming towards me slowly. Their eyes never left mine.
" keep calm. You need to for the babies. Just run and get inside."
That's it. I ran for it. I ran for the back door. Finally I reached the back door and locked it behind me as I sighed in relief.
" I'm in. " I told him
" good girl now go and check all the doors and Windows "
I ran to the front door first and made sure that was locked.  I locked all the downstairs windows, just leaving the upstairs ones left.
I went up the stairs as quickly as I could. Firstly I went to our bedroom and I locked all the windows. As I looked outside I could see the guards lying on the ground.
Dead.
Blood seeping out onto the floor.
Stains of life that became death.
" the guards are dead"
" I'm calling in some more, don't worry. We're all coming back too. You've got this Mia"
I locked all the other windows.
" all done. "
" now go and lock yourself in our bedroom."
As I walked by the stairs to get back to our room.
I saw it.
The figure.
At the bottom of the stairs.
I screamed.
Everything happened so quickly.
" baby?" Alessandro asked
"The figure. It's in the house. "
" where Mia. Tell me where "
" the bottom of the stairs" i said with a gulp as I held eye contact with this mother fucker.
" go into our room and lock the door. "
I did.
I followed his advice. I ran to our room and locked the door behind. I fitted a chair under the door handle to make it even more secure.
" are you okay?" He asked
" as good as I can be " I said with a slight laugh.
Trust me to be sarcastic in this situation.
" now go to the bedside table and reach into the top draw."
I walked over to the draw and reached in to find my hands meet something hard and cold. I pulled it out to see a shiny blade .
" a knife " I stated.
" yes perfect. Now at the second draw should be a gun. Grab that too. "
I did as he said and grabbed the gun too.
" now go into the en suite and lock yourself in there"
" okay" I quickly hurried to the bathroom as I could hear from outside the bedroom door footsteps coming up the stairs.
" it's coming " I whispered as my voice broke.
" you're okay. Just go and sit in the bathroom. "
I sat on the floor right opposite the door with the gun in my hands and the knife by the side of me .
" now you need to just stay there until somebody gets there to help. If you need to, use the gun"
" okay." I said
" I love you" he told me
" I love you too. "
" Alessandro?" I asked
" yes "
" am I going to die ?" I asked trying to fit my head around those very words that escaped from my mouth.
" no. You're strong. You're brave. I'm not going to let you die. "
" do you promise "
" I promise "

Alessandro
My heart sank as soon as she asked those words.
I'm not going to let her die.
Nobody gets to take what's mine.
I hurried up all my boys as we jumped on the jet to come back home. We weren't going to be home for at least 10 hours but I couldn't tell her that.
It would break her heart.
The connection will also drop out once we start flying. So she'll be all alone.
Alone with the figure.

Her father.

End of chapter!
Hehe! I had to leave you guys on a cliff hanger but I'll be writing the next chapter today so you'll get to know what happens.
I hope you like the story.
Please vote and comment