•Chapter 44•

Shawn Mendes
"I feel like I should stay and help."
"I will be fine. I'm ok."
"I'm worried about her not you."
"Just go! You'll be late"

It was Elara's graduation and I had the responsibility of getting both myself and Frances ready.
Elara and I had had many debates about me coming. I was worried that if I came, I would attract more attention when the attention should be on her.
She insisted that I came so of course I was going to support her.

She was nervous, I was nervous, while Frances was just Frances.
"Are you sure you know what to do?" She panicked as she finished up her makeup and hair.
"Yes. And if I don't then we'll make something up." I shrugged.
"Oh god Shawn."
"Hey I need to start doing this. Shes been here for long enough that I should be doing this yet I feel like a new dad." I sighed and she nodded.
"Ok ok. I trust you."
"Thank you. I'm not just some insanely handsome, amazing singer anymore. I'm a father." I joked and shoved my hands on my hips.
"You're insane that's what you are." She scoffed and stood up from the vanity.
Elara stood in front of me in her white dress. Her hair was curled and she had on perfect makeup with her lips a bright red.
My breath was almost knocked out of me and I couldn't take my eyes off of her.
"You look, erm, wow." I stuttered and immediately blushed.
"What? Bad?"
"No! What? You look insanely good! Come here." I smiled and pulled her into my body, wrapping my arms around her tightly and kissed the top of her head. "I'm so so proud of you."
"Thank you."
"Now go! You're already late for set up!" I said and she laughed lightly before walking to the door.
"I'll see you in an hour!"

Frances sat on the bed butt naked and stared at me to do something.
I was ready in my suit but had no idea what to dress Frances in.
Elara always made her look so pretty and cute in her matching outfits and hair bows, and gloves, but I had no idea what to do.
I looked in her little wardrobe and sighed.
"You pick." I said to her and held her out towards the clothes.
Her chubby hands immediately latched onto the hockey jersey I had made for her and my eyes lit up.
"Hell yeah."
I slipped it over her head along with a nappy and some white baby leggings before trying to push on some tiny black baby boots.
She wriggled the entire time and by the end of dressing her I was exhausted.

Anxiety filled my body as Frances and i got onto the grounds of the university.
Press and fans had gathered around the hall and I swore under my breath that i hadn't thought to bring any form of security to protect Frances.
I picked Frances up and held her close to my body as people started to recognise me.
My chest felt tight.
I had to protect Frances.
I had to avoid the crowd whatever way was possible.
I was starting to panic.
I pulled out my phone and dialled Elara.

"Shawn? Baby are you ok?" She said and I tried to breathe calmly.
"There's a massive crowd outside. Theres press and fans everywhere. I-I don't know what to do. I can't go through them not with Frances." I said and I heard Elara sigh.
"Right ok. It's ok. I'm coming."
"What? Elara no."
"Yes. Don't panic ok? I'll be there in two seconds."

I felt bad for making her leave the set up and stressing her out on her graduation, but the fact that i had Frances just made me panic.
I would never forgive myself if she got hurt in any way.
Then again i didn't know what Elara could do.
She wasn't small but she definitely couldn't ward off that crowd.
Besides, once Elara came, I would have both my girls to protect.

Before long, Elara was running down a side street towards us, stumbling slightly in her white heels.
"Mamma!" Frances said and held her arms out.
Elara smiled and took hold of Frances kissing her face.
"Elara I'm so sorry I-"
Before I could finish she held onto the front of my suit with her spare hand and smashed her lips onto mine, taking me by surprise.
I wrapped my arms around her waist and we kissed until Frances pushed her nose in the middle of our faces.
We both pulled away giggling and I knew I couldn't have looked at both of them with any more adoration.
I could have asked her to marry me right there and then.
But I had a plan for that later.

"Right. Let's go." She said and i wrapped my arms protectively around her waist.
"Are we going through the crowd?"
"Fuck yeah we are." She said and a surprise pang of lust went through me.
I nodded and we walked towards the flashing cameras and the hoard of voices.
We stopped at the edge of the crowd and again Elara surprised me by putting her fingers in her mouth and let off a loud whistle.
Things went silent but the cameras still went off.
She shielded Frances' eyes and started to talk.
"H-Hi hi, hello, so I know most of you may think in being a bitch, but this is my graduation day! I want my family to be in there with me without any barriers to get there! So all I ask is that we can get in please! And i swear to god if anyone tries or even gets close to our child you'll have hell to pay." She said and all of a sudden a pathway formed. "Thank you!"

We started to walk through and i made sure to sign a few pieces of paper and take a few photos just to not seem completely stand offish.
We managed to get through the crowd without any issue and I breathed a sigh of relief.
"That was surprisingly easy." She said and I kissed the top of her head. 
"That was surprisingly sexy." I whispered and I felt her tense in my arms.
"Later." She giggled and i kissed her again.

Frances and I sat with Elara's parents and all of us just admired her as she walked across that stage, even Frances clapped along for her mother and I hoped that she looked up to Elara already as her role model.
Even though she wasn't up there for long I was extremely proud of the woman I hoped would soon be my fiancée.