•Chapter 57•

Shawn Mendes
Standing waiting for the doors to open wasy he most nervous I had ever been.
It was more nerve wracking than being on stage.
The music started playing and the doors opened to reveal my little girl in a pink dress holding a white basket.
Tears immediately came to my eyes as she started to walk down the isle, occasionally throwing petals onto the ground.
She smiled the whole way down and the tears made my cheeks wet, though I couldn't get the smile off my face.
I locked eyes with her and she grinned.
"Daddy!" She giggled and ran into my arms.
I picked her up and held her tight for a moment before I handed her over to Elara's father.
Elara had always been closer to her mother, hence why her mother was walking her down the aisle.

I straightened up again and I felt Dad's hand on the back of my shoulder.
I watched and smiled as all the bridesmaids walked down, and gave a smaller smile when I noticed Agnes.
I looked down briefly but as I did the music picked up louder and I heard a few gasps ring out in the church.
My eyes snapped up again and there she was.

She looked like an angel.
She looked so beautiful.
The dress was perfect.
Her makeup was perfect and highlighted her features so beautifully.
Her hair flowed down her shoulders and I noticed some sort of pearls or beads dotted over her hair.
I was desperate for her to walk to me and I couldn't wait to see her face.
New tears started to fall and I covered my mouth with my hand briefly before the smile on my face couldn't be contained.
The flashes from the photographers camera were barely noticeable as I focused on her.
Time seemed to slow down as she got closer.
With each step she took my heart pounded harder and as she kissed her mother's cheek and slipped her hand into mine, I cursed myself for ever doubting wanting to marry her.

Elara Beck
Tears started falling from my eyes as soon as Frances leaped into his arms and he held her tight.
Mum gripped my arm tight and we started to walk.
I focused on every step calmly, but there was a thousand thoughts running through my mind.

Part of me was angry with him. So angry. Why the hell did he have doubts?
Part of me was worried. Did he not want to marry me after all? Did he really just want to leave? If he really loved me, why did he even have a second thought about marrying me?
But the biggest part of me couldn't wait to get to him and feel him again.
I couldn't wait to feel his lips on mine.
I couldn't wait for him to be my husband.

As we got closer to him I realised that he was crying, which gave me a strange sense of satisfaction.
I smiled as I slipped my hand into his and took a sigh of relief.

As soon as I stepped onto the platform, that Shawn guided me up on to, he quickly pulled me into his chest and wrapped his arms round me, taking me by surprise.
I quickly wrapped my arms around his waist and I heard him sniffle.
"Hey." I whispered and pulled away to wipe his tears away.
"You look so beautiful." He whispered back and took both of my hands in his.
"Thank you." I mouthed as the vicar started to talk.

I didn't take my eyes off of him, and he didn't take his eyes off of me.
There was still a worry in the back of my mind, nagging away at me.
I tried to push it away but it was proving difficult.

But even if either of us had doubts it was too late to back out, because as soon as he pushed his lips to mine, taking me out of my trance, I was his wife and he was my husband.

Shawn Mendes
As I opened my eyes and pulled away from the kiss I realised that I was now looking at my wife.

I could tell there was worry in her eyes which in turn made me worry.

As we walked back down the aisle hand in hand, smiling and laughing, I knew that as soon as we were in private we needed to talk.

We went into a back room to wait for everyone else to gather outside.
I pushed the door closed and turned back round to Elara who was admiring the ceiling work.
"Hey."
"Where were you?" She said and snapped her head back down to me.
"Everyone has doubts before they get married Elara. I just had a bit of, I don't know, worry as to whether it was right. But standing there with you, reciting our vows, seeing how beautiful you are? There was never a doubt in my mind Elara." I said and I noticed tears falling down her cheeks.
"I thought you had changed your mind." She sniffled and I took her into my arms.
"I would never ever change my mind. I love you more than anything in this world." I said and she smiled.
"I love you too."
"Holy shit we're married." I laughed and a large smile came onto her face.
"I know. I can't believe that I met you in that club only a few years ago. And to think I wasn't even going to go that night. " She sighed and I nodded.
"Well i'm glad you did."
"So am I."

I pulled her close and she took me by surprise by kissing me deeply.
She wrapped her arms around my neck and I held her waist against my body.

We kissed each other until someone knocked on the door.
"Guys? Photo time!" Mum said through the door and I couldn't help but laugh.
"Fuck."
"Come on. We'll continue later." Elara winked and my heart fluttered.
"Oh come on cant they wait ten minutes?"
"Ten minutes? Oh no Shawn, that won't do. Tonight, I expect two hours at least." She whispered, and she walked out of the room with a wink.
"Holy shit, that's my wife." I said to myself and adjusted the belt on my trousers before walking out, trying not to think of the night we had ahead of us.