•Chapter 46•

Shawn Mendes
I quickly stood up off of my knees and wrapped my arms around her.
I pulled away slightly and pressed my lips onto hers with as much love, as much passion as i could give her.
I felt one of her hands hold the side of my face and i was satisfied as i felt the cold metal of her ring.
We pulled away from the kiss but still held each other.
She held onto me tightly and I heard her sniffle.
"What's wrong?"
"I didn't expect this." She said and i smiled.
"Neither did i. But I felt it Elara. Besides, I've had the ring for months. Can we actually go inside?" I laughed but she put her hands on my chest.
"Oh my god. I have a surprise for you! Close your eyes!" she said and i complied.

She led me through the apartment and I laughed as she kept swerving as if there were things on the floor.
"Ok. Get showered, get dressed and shout me when you're done." She said and I opened my eyes to find I was in the bathroom.
I waited for a while before i heard her squeal and I let out a loud laugh as I heard her yell.
"I'm getting married to Shawn Mendes!"
I shook my head with another smaller laugh as i saw she had hung up clothes for me.

But i did what she said and showered before running my hands through my hair and getting myself dressed in the white top and black jeans.
"I'm ready!" I shouted and she quickly opened the door.
It was only then when I really realised how beautiful she looked.
"You look beautiful. Wheres Frances? Whats all this about?"
"Well you're leaving in a few days so I wanted to do something nice. Frances is with your parents and she's ok. Come." She said and took one of my hands in hers and interlocked our fingers, my heart raced feeling the engagement ring.

As we walked out of the bathroom I saw that the whole apartment was covered in roses and candles.
"Elara,"
"I've also cooked. So," She said and I felt tears come to my eyes.
"Come here." I said and pulled her into my body.
I immediately hugged her tight and closed my eyes, just taking in the feeling of her being close to me.
It made me realise how much I was going to miss her.
"I'm going to miss you so much."
"I'll miss you too. But for now we're not thinking about it ok?" She said and I nodded.

She sat me down at the table which she had decorated with mor candles and roses and a red tablecloth i didn't even know we had.
I smiled as she put the food in front of me.
"This looks amazing."
"I know it's nothing fancy but I had to drop Frances off and go to the store and-"
"Elara, it's amazing. This is absolutely what I wanted." I smiled and she breathed.
"Well I just thought we could have a relaxing evening. I've got some movies and brownies and ice cream ready." She grinned and I smiled.
"Let me guess, you've used this as an excuse to buy new fluffy pillows and blankets." I said raising my eyebrow, and even in the dim light I could see her blushing.
"Yes." She giggled and i nodded. "Hey it's my coping method"
"Oh I'm aware" I smiled, recalling the countless times she's come home with a new blanket, pillow or other comfy thing after she had a bad day at university or was just feeling down.
She always said they were for Frances but I knew she kept them for herself.
I dared not imagine how many would be in the house by the time I got back from tour.

"Speaking of pillows and blankets..." She said and reached behind her chair and pulled up a bag.
"You didn't need to do all this for me."
"Well I wanted to. Open it." She said and I took both of the wrapped parcels out of the silver bag.
I cautiously opened them.
I couldn't stop the beam on my face as I saw that the pillow had on it a photo of Frances, Elara and I. It was a photo taken by paparazzi on our day out at the aquarium, but as soon as we saw the photo both of us had fallen in love with it.
My heart swelled even more when I unfolded the blanket and saw that it was covered with photos of us three.
I scoured my eyes over all the photos and smiled at one where Frances was obviously extremely close to the camera and only her eyes, nose and mouth were visible.
I felt tears come to my eyes again and tried to blink them away.
Without saying anything Elara came over and wrapped her arms around my neck and i rested my head on her front.
"I'm going to miss you so so much."
"Shall we go and have a cuddle." She said and i smiled with a nod.

Half an hour later we were both in our pyjamas. I was sat on the sofa and she was sat on my lap. I wrapped my arms around her as she played 'The Avengers' in the background, one of her comfort films.
"So, you'll marry me huh?" I grinned and she kissed my cheek before looking down at her ring.
"Did you pick this out yourself?"
"No. I designed it especially for you." I said and her eyes widened. "Had you not noticed? So, theres three diamonds one for each of us. The big oval one is you, because you hold us all together and keep us all sane. Then of course, the diamonds are all pink because that's your favourite colour, and the band of gold because I thought the gold and pink looked more fairytale than silver and pink." I explained and she pulled out her phone torch to properly examine it.
"God it's so beautiful it must have cost a fortune."
"You're worth it all."

After a moment of just holding each other she looked at me seriously and I panicked ever so slightly.
"We're going to be ok aren't we?" She whispered and i rested my forehead against hers.
"Of course we're going to be ok. You guys are coming to see me when Im in Paris and all the tickets are booked for that. And we're going to talk every day and I'll be back whenever I can. Then, when I'm back we can start planning the wedding and trust me we will have the best sex of our lives."
"Shawn!" She said and put her head in the crook of my neck while i laughed.
"Well it's true!"
"What if something goes wrong?"
"Then you call me and we will sort something out straight away. I'm just a phone call away."
"You know i love you more than anything." She said and i nodded.
"I love you too."

I cupped her face with my hand and she smiled as she pressed her lips to mine.
There was no lust involved.
The kiss was just passion and love for one another.
In that moment, being with her, there was nowhere else on this Earth that i would rather be.
Because when i was thousands of miles away, I knew that i would long to be with her.