•Chapter 1•

Shawn Mendes
The music was loud.
Almost too loud.
But I was having too much fun to fully comprehend the ringing in my ears and the headache I knew I would have in the morning.
The club was heaving with people.
There were people covering every inch of it.
Drinking, dancing, kissing, everything you would expect to happen in a club.
Before long the humidity in the air made my white shirt start to stick to my body and my hair fall onto my forehead.
I had taken so many photos with fans I had a permanent flash of white stuck in my vision.
But not even that could ruin tonight.
I had everything I could want.
Music, my friends, a drink, and I was surrounded by fans and people having fun.
I felt free and danced until I felt like I couldn't anymore.

I told my friends that I was going to get a drink and head back to our reserved booth but they didn't listen. They just waved their hands at me and I smiled before walking away from them.
Trying to push through the crowd to reach the bar was the hardest part of the evening.
I spoke to a few people who recognised me and didn't make it to the bar until ten minutes after I had originally told my friends I was going.
I brushed my hair off of my forehead as I ordered my fifth drink of the evening.
As I started to sip on the drink I started to feel more of the effects of the alcohol.
But it didn't bother me. I felt happy and that's what made the night great.
I walked around the edge of the dance floor and back to where our reserved booth was. I slumped down into the booth and sighed before pulling out my phone.
I scrolled through my social medias and sipped on my drink before shoving the phone back in my pocket to just take in my surroundings.
That's when I saw her.

Her body swayed in a sensual way to the deep beat of the music as her dark hair moved with her.
The dress she was wearing hugged her curvy figure.
I felt as if I could hear her laugh from where I sat.
I was intrigued by her.
Whether it was the way I was attracted to how her body moved or attracted to the frustration that I couldn't see her face I wasn't sure.
But I was drawn in.
'Look at me'.
I just wanted to see her face.
I wanted to see if her face matched the beauty of her body.
As if she heard my plea she turned as she continued to sway her body. Her friend grabbed onto her shoulders and seemed to whisper in her ear.
Her eyes met mine.
A fringe covered her forehead, her lips were bright red and her smile was gleaming.
The smile turned into a smirk as she turned away from me and continued to dance.
But she knew I was watching. I knew that she knew by the way she would occasionally look over her shoulder to flash me a smile.

As the song changed I saw that she began to talk to her friends and pointed towards the bar.
I begged her in my head to walk my way.
Once again she granted me my wish.
She walked around the dance floor and I was wondering what to say to her as she came closer.
As she came closer to the booth she gave me a smile, but before I could think of something witty to say to her she had already sauntered past.
I kicked myself and slumped down further.
I had to talk to her.

I quickly stood up and tried to spot her. She had just got to the bar and sat down on one of the available stools.
I knew that it would be the best time to talk to her.

On the way to where she was I planned what I was going to say to her. Nothing good came to my head by the time I had reached her. I just had to improvise with whatever came into mind.
I slid into the space beside her and leaned forward onto the bar.
"So, can I buy you a drink or what?"