•Chapter 52•

Elara Beck
Frances was able to leave the hospital after another two days.
As soon as Shawn was back she definitely got better quicker.
I knew she was going to grow up and be a daddy's girl.

But that was a few months ago.
Frances was now two and was just as much of an angel as she was when she was a baby.
Shawn had his Rogers Centre performance tonight and both Frances and I were more than excited.
I had never actually seen Shawn perform before so I felt like a fan more than his fiancée.
But I was desperate to see him.
It had been months since we had seen each other and a wave of anticipation flowed through me at the thought of feeling his touch again, and being able to kiss him again.

"Can we go now?" Frances said as she danced around the living room.
We had had Shawn's music on repeat all day and while I loved him more than anything, after ten times of hearing all his songs it was a bit too much.
Frances loved it.
"No baby girl we still have two hours."
She groaned and dramatically slumped to the floor.
"Where's daddy's present for me?" She asked and I smiled as I grabbed the box from off the kitchen table.
I handed her the box and sat on the floor with her to watch her open it.

She smiled as she pulled out several little wrapped packages.
"Mamma this one has your name on it." Frances said and handed it to me.
I frowned and put it to one side and turned my attention back to Frances.
I smiled as she unwrapped the special headphones he had gotten her for the concert.
They were baby pink, our favourite colour, and In white writing on both ears it said 'Baby Mendes', and when she further examined them, she squealed with excitement as along the headband it had 'Frances Mendes' written over it.
"Thank you daddy" She said and I smiled as she reached for her next package.
"This one is from me." I said and she nodded.
She unwrapped the silver wrapping paper and again laughed as she pulled out the large flag I had made for her.
It had a picture of us three on it with the words 'I Love You' written on it in Frances handwriting. Of course I had to help her by holding her hand as she wrote, but it was technically still her writing.
I pushed a button on the corner and the flashing pink lights turned on.
"Ooh pretty." Frances said and I nodded.
"You like it?" I asked and she smiled.
"Are you sure daddy will see it?"
"We're right at the front so yes he'll see it." I said and kissed her cheek.
"What's yours?" She asked and I frowned again and picked up the package.
"I'm not sure baby."

I started to tear at the paper slowly and I wasn't sure why but a wave of anxiety went through me.
I rolled my eyes and shook my head as I unfolded the t-shirt that was in the wrapping paper.
"What's that say?"
"It's daddy being silly."
"What does it say?"
"So on the front it says, 'Property of Shawn Mendes', then on the back it says 'If lost, please return to Shawn Mendes'" I read to her and again I shook my head and rolled my eyes with a small smile on my face.
"Mamma, you're not property. You is a girl." Frances said, stumbling over the word property and I laughed and kissed her cheek.
"And we are strong, independent women Frances. Don't let any man tell you different." I said and she giggled.
"Except daddy." She smiled before skipping off to her room.
I rolled my eyes again, but this time my eye caught sight of something shiny.
I looked down at the floor and saw that there was a small black box with a silver ribbon wrapped around it.
I opened it slowly to reveal a golden locket.
I smiled as I saw the engraving of the three of our initials on the back.
I opened the little locket and there were two photos inside, my favourite photos of Shawn and Frances.
I slipped it around my neck and wiped a few stray tears that had run down my face.

I got dressed into a pair of ripped blue jeans and slid a striped tshirt under the one that Shawn had bought for me.
I applied my makeup and straightened my hair before getting Frances dressed in her Mendes hockey jersey and a little pink skirt. It was Shawns favourite outfit on her and I knew she liked how the skirt twirled.
She grabbed her headphones and her flag and i grabbed my bag and phone before heading out the door.

"Hey baby how's it going?" Shawn said as I rung him from the car.
"We've just left."
"Ok. When you get here there's a side entrance ok? Remember it's the one I sent in the photos?"
"Ok I remember."
"Someone will be there to let you in and get you whatever you need."
"Wait we can't see you before the show?" I said and I saw Frances face drop.
"I'm really sorry but the sound system isn't working right yet so I'll be busy till the last minute." He explained and Frances pouted.
"Oh ok. Well, have an amazing show! We'll see you in half an hour!" I said trying to remain positive for both Shawn and Frances.

Once we had parked the car up and met with one of Shawn's security, we went inside the stadium.
I felt sick when I saw how big it was.
I would never understand how he found the joy in being in front of this many people.
I picked Frances up as we were led to an area that was at the front but slightly to the side, in front of the barrier so that Frances could still see but she wouldn't be hurt.
"Where is he?" She said and I kissed her nose.
"He's back there at the moment baby but he'll be here in five minutes." I said, and even saying the short amount of time made me nervous.
And as soon as the lights went down, I quickly pulled on Frances' head phones just as the screams started.
I was filled with excitement and pride that all those screams were for Shawn.
My Shawn.