•Chapter 3•

Shawn Mendes

I knew how I wanted the night to end up going.
There was no doubt in my mind that I wanted her.
Whether she wanted me was the real question.
I knew I couldn't just dive right in.
It would take time.
She was beautiful.
I kept wanting to slide closer to her, touch her hand or move her hair that was dangling on her shoulder but I kept telling myself not to. It had to be mutual.
"What else do I need to know about you?" I said with a smile.
"I may seem shy as fuck when you first meet me but I'm not. Not at all." She grinned.
"Oh really?" I smirked, and she nodded.
"Also, I'm a massive lightweight when it comes to alcohol." She said and I smiled. "However, I wouldn't object to another drink"
"Let me go and get you one."
"No I want to get it."
"No no I'm not letting you do that." I said, going to stand up, but she put a hand on my chest and pushed me back down as she stood up, taking me by surprise.
"Hey, Im a strong girl. I can buy a guy a drink if I want to." She grinned and I couldn't say anything. My words were caught deep in my throat. I held my breath as she brushed up against me to get out of the booth.
I watched her saunter away and grinned as she flashed a smile back at me.
I had been lucky tonight. I took an interest in her and she took an interest in me and I could tell it wasn't just because I was famous.

"Hey man, I think we're going to head off now. You coming?" Scott asked but I immediately shook my head.
"No way. I've met this super nice girl." I said and Scott smiled down at me.
"Shit man. Nice one. Well I'll see you sometime soon. Have fun" he winked before walking away.
I was glad he walked away when he did because not a minute later Elara came back holding two drinks in her seemingly small hands.
She placed the drinks on the table and slipped into the booth opposite me.
I frowned and she raised her eyebrow leaning forward to sip her drink and I made sure to keep my eyes solely focused on her face.
"What are you pouting for?" Elara grinned.
"Well are you not coming to sit next to me?" I said and she giggled making my heart flutter.
"No. I think I'll stay here for a while." She smiled. She knew what she was doing to me.
"Seriously?" I sighed and she nodded.
"So, tell me about yourself." She smiled, tapping her glass with her fingernails.

I told her everything she wanted to know and by the time I had finished talking, she had finished her drink.
"Will you come and sit next to me now you've finished your drink?" I asked and she giggled again.
"Ok ok fine." She smiled and stood up.
Elara walked round and I moved up on the seat so she could get in beside me.
"Happy now?" She smiled and I nodded as I put my arm around her.
"What if I am?" I smiled back and she shrugged. "You're gorgeous" I said hoping it wasn't too forward.
"No I'm not." Elara said shaking her head. I put my hand on the table as close as I could get to hers without actually touching it.
"Yes you are. I wouldn't have said it if I didn't think it." I said and she smiled.
"Thank you"
She moved her hand over mine and I interlocked our fingers together.
"Come here" I said and she grinned.
"I am here".
I rolled my eyes and put my arm around her waist pulling her upper body towards me. She giggled again and slid over to me.
"Someone might see." She laughed.
"And?"
"I don't know. You're famous"
"Your point is?"

Elara tightened her lips into a pout and shrugged again. I could feel the alcohol hit but no matter whether I was sober or drunk I would find her attractive.
But I still hadn't wasn't one hundred percent sure whether she liked me back as much as I liked her.
"Do you like me?" I asked.
"What?" She said looking shocked that I had asked.
"Because I like you. I'm just wondering if you like me too?"
The shock lifted from her face and was replaced with a small smile which she tried to hide by biting her lip.
"Im not sure yet." Elara grinned.
"Can I convince you?"
"You can try." She giggled and I cupped her face with one hand as she wrapped her arms around my neck. We met in the middle and our noses touched just before she made the move and press her lips to mine.