•Chapter 23•

Elara Beck
Hell had begun.
Frances had started teething and I was getting no sleep.
I had a break this week from classes yet my break wasn't very restful.
She was crying constantly and I could cry with her I was so tired.
Finn hadn't been around as much recently and I couldn't bring myself to ask him to stay in every night and help me.
But I knew I couldn't do this on my own. Not right now. I needed help.

"Hi." I said, my voice sounding groggy.
"You sound awful."
"Can I come and stay for a while?" I said and the tears started streaming down my cheeks.
"Of course you can. When do you want me to pick you up?"
"Erm, now?" I sniffled, and as soon as I said that, I could hear him standing up and taking his keys off the hook.
"Get ready I'll be there in an hour." He said and I nodded even though he couldn't see me.
"Thank you."

I had to stay with Shawn. I had to. I needed sleep. I needed him right now.
As soon as I put the phone down I started to fold clothes and gather all of Frances' things and packed them in a bag.
"Beck!" I heard through the door and I sighed going over to open it.
I didn't say anything but continued to pack. Finn took a look at what I was doing and scoffed.
"Where are you going?"
"I'm staying with Shawn for a while. She's teething and I'm up every night while she cries. I'm exhausted." I said and wiped the fresh tears.
"I'm here to help you. That's what we've always said." He said, and I could tell by his tone that he was going to get angry.
"But you're not here. You've been going out more at night and I'm not going to ask you to stop that for a baby that's not yours." I cried.
"I said to you Id fucking help you."
"But you haven't even noticed! You haven't noticed how tired I am and how I can barely get out of bed in the morning! Why do you think that I don't want to go out? Why do you think I've turned our dates down? It's because I'm so exhausted. But instead of noticing, you get angry and go out with your friends." I explained.
"Do you not think, that maybe I don't want to do this anymore?" He said and I sighed. "Actually no. Elara. I don't want this anymore."

The tears started flowing down my cheeks and I nodded and turned back to the packing.
"Elara just listen, I'm sorry, maybe I could-"
"Go. Please just go. You don't have to do this anymore. This was always my situation."
"Beck,"
"I'm staying with Shawn ok? I'm going. I need him." I cried.
"You need a man that's not been here for you? Pathetic. It's pathetic Elara."
"Get out. I don't want you to bother with Frances or I. No one who calls me pathetic gets to stay around my daughter. Get the fuck out." I said, tears falling fast.
He said no more and left, breaking my heart.

I picked up Frances and held her close to me as I cried.
I felt her little hands on my face and I smiled, trying to sniff the tears away.
I looked into her brown eyes and brushed her nose with mine.
"You're all I need. My baby. We can do this." I said and she stared at me blankly.
I wiped away the rest of my tears away and kissed Frances' forehead.
"Now, I love you and your my baby but you need to stop crying. Actually, no. Keep crying when daddy comes. He needs to feel the exhaustion." I laughed and she started to kick her legs around.

I had fallen asleep on the bed with Frances and was woken up by a hand stroking my hair. I groggily opened my eyes and immediately felt relieved as Frances was still fast asleep next to me.
I looked up and Shawn was stood above us.
"Hey, I'm here." He said and I smiled.
"Thank you." I whispered.
Seeing his face and seeing his smile made me feel more than relieved. I felt safe again now that he was here and I knew that he would look after both of us. I had never been more grateful to him.
He was my saviour.