•Chapter 14•

Elara Beck
Things were moving fast.
Almost too fast for my liking.
I was very visibly showing now and whenever I went out wearing fitted clothes. I had my designated pregnancy wardrobe which consisted of massive sports jumpers and seriously baggy jeans or tracksuit. But every time the bump grew, the larger and larger the jumper would have to be just to hide my stomach. Finn said that I still looked nice but I knew that he was just saying that to be nice.

Finn had asked me to be his girlfriend while we were out on one of our park walks, which, apart from gentle gym work, was the only exercise I was able to do. I of course had said yes. He had been nothing but good to me ever since I met him. He would help if i needed anything, and if I ever had a doctors appointment he would always be by my side.

But today was my gender reveal party that Agnes had insisted on throwing for me, and my little baby shower that only Mum, Dad, Agnes and her parents and Finn were coming to. More of my family knew about the baby but they were all back in the UK or too far to come.
"What do you think it'll be?" Finn asked as he, Agnes and I drove down to my parents house.
"I hope it's a girl. I'll be the cool aunt that takes her shopping and drinking." Agnes said from the back seat and both Finn and I laughed.
"I don't know. I have a feeling it'll be a girl. I've read about what different gender pregnancies feel like and I think I'm having a girl." I shrugged and Finn nodded. "What do you think?"
"Well, I know it's not mine, but I want a girl too. I'd spoil her." He said and smiled over at me, putting a hand on my bump.
He always spoke as if he was the father. He'd say he knew it wasn't his but apart from that, he would talk as if it were.
"I wish the baby were yours." Agnes sighed.
"Aggie!"
"What?! Wouldn't you?! Tell me Elara, Where's the real father in all of this? Hm oh yeah, nowhere! Finn's been so much better." She explain and I sighed.
I understood what Agnes was saying. And I agreed. But there was still a part of me that wanted Shawn to be here. He deserved to be here and have a say.

Mum and Dad had gone all out with the decor. There wasn't a room in the house that didn't have banners in it or little blue and pink decorations.
As soon as we all came in, we all received hugs before going to sit outside under the canopy that my parents had put up.
I sat holding onto Finn's hands as Agnes stood up.
"So, I'm so excited that today we get to reveal what miss Beck is going to be having. And Elara I have a secret. I'm the only one here that knows. Your mum didn't look at the results just gave them to me." Agnes said and my mouth hung open and everyone else laughed. Agnes said nothing but her wide smile let me know that she was going to burst if she didn't reveal it soon.

She opened her mouth but was interrupted by Finn rising out of his chair.
"Can I just say something quickly?" He said and everyone smiled as I nodded my head. "This is mainly to you Mr and Mrs Beck. I just want to let you and Elara know that even though the baby may not be mine I will stand by her no matter what. No matter whether the father does come into the picture or whether he doesn't I promise I will do everything I can to help you out. I promise." He said and my mother and I wiped away tears.
My father stood up and took Finn into his arms which shocked me, Mum joined in the hug and I smiled at the scene. It made me wish he was the father, and not someone who wanted nothing to do with me.
As Finn came to sit back down Agnes wriggled before handing me a neatly wrapped present.
"Inside is what you're having!" She squealed and I giggled at her excitement.

Nervously I unwrapped the box and took out all the tissue paper. Everyone watched in silence and I covered my mouth as the tears started to spill. I smiled through the tears and pulled out the pink bib that read, 'Mommy's little princess'.
There was a round of cheers and Finn took me into his arms, followed by hugs from everyone else.
"So, have you thought about names?" Agnes' mother asked and i had to hold back the tears as I became emotional.
"Honey what's wrong?"
"I don't know. I just feel like I shouldn't be picking names on my own. He should have a say in what she's called." I said and wiped away tears.
"I know it's hard to hear, but he's not here. He doesn't want to be here. This baby is yours. You choose her name." Dad said and I nodded.
"Is there any name that first popped into your head when you saw it was a girl?" Finn asked and I smiled.
"Oh I know what's coming" Agnes giggled and I nodded.
"Frances." I smiled and Mum nodded.
"It's a pretty name. Very sophisticated." Finn said kissing my cheek and I nodded.
Frances and I were going to be just fine.