•Chapter 33•

Shawn Mendes
Once again, I hadn't exactly thought through the whole bringing Elara and Frances on tour thing.
It just popped into my head and I said it.
In my subconscious I knew bringing a baby on tour would be chaotic.
It wouldn't be fair on Elara and I knew that.
I wouldn't be around much to help out and with the constant travelling around I knew it would exhaust her.
But I couldn't help but want them near me.
I knew I didn't want to be away from Frances that long, or Elara.
I didn't want to miss out on anything and I wouldn't want Elara to meet someone else in my absence.
I wanted to be with her.
I wanted us to be officially together.

"Do you want to go out tonight?" I asked as Elara was attempting to retrieve Frances' spoon from her mouth.
"Erm, any particular reason?" She said and wiggled the spoon around and I couldn't hold back my laughter. "Would you like to try?" She said and I shook my head trying to stifle the giggles.
"No. And no particular reason. Just thought it would be nice." I shrugged.
"I'm not really feeling going out but I'd be happy to have a fancy night here." She said and I nodded.
"Ok sounds good. I'll get everything ready. Be ready by seven." I said and she frowned.
"What do you have planned?"
"Nothing."
"Yes you do I can tell."
"Nothing bad I promise." I laughed and she squinted her eyes at me.
"Ok."

I stood up to walk away when her hand wrapped around my wrist.
I turned back to her and her eyes searched mine as I waited for her to talk.
"Shawn I wanted to apologise for what I said the other day. I wouldn't choose anyone else to be her father but you. I'm sorry I said anything against you being her dad." She sighed and I shook my head before taking her into my arms.
I felt her sigh against my chest as she wrapped her arms back around me.
"I know you didn't mean it. We were both angry." I said and she started rubbing her hands on the back of my neck making a chill go down my spine.
"I'm sorry."
"Its ok."
I smiled as she pulled away slightly.
I placed a kiss to her cheek and I watched as the cheek I kissed flushed a shade of pink.
She waited a moment before kissing my lips softly and quickly.
But it was enough to make the butterflies inside me wake up.

I hadn't seen Elara or Frances for  the afternoon or the early evening.
But as it came up to reaching seven and I was getting everything ready in the dining area, I heard a Frances little laughs and Elara's pleading for her to stay still.
It boosted my serotonin level immediately and made me realise how much I loved them.
I loved both of them.
I had just finished setting out the takeaway pizza on the blanket I had put on the floor and was lighting all the candles when her footsteps finally came down the stairs.
When I looked up my heart swelled.
Frances was dressed in a little pink dress with little white shoes and she had a little pink bow in her mouth.
"I tried to put the bow on her head but she wasn't having it." Elara said and my eyes focused on her.

She had on a short, tight blush pink dress that hugged her curves and showed off her legs. She had on white heels and her hair and makeup was done to perfection.
My heart was racing almost fast enough to make me feel dizzy.
"Thought we'd match, what do you think?" She said and bounced Frances on her hip.
I tore my eyes away from Elara and looked between the two of them realising that they were indeed matching.
"You- you erm. You look amazing." I said and I watched as she blushed.
"Who? Me or baby?" She giggled and I smiled as she passed Frances to me who was still chewing the bow.
"Both of you. Frances looks adorable. You look hot." I whispered and kissed her cheek.
"Oh stop." She blushed and nudged my nose with hers.

My heart raced as all the food had been eaten and Frances was starting to lull to sleep.
Now was my time to ask her.
I had to ask her now or I would over think it and not ask her.
"I might go and put her to bed." Elara smiled and I nodded. "Want to help?"
I frowned, "Put her to bed?"
"Come on it'll be sweet." She giggled and my heart fluttered.

We walked upstairs and into Frances' nursery.
Elara started to take off the baby's little dress as I grabbed her baby onsie.
I slipped it onto her little body and did the buttons up.
"Are all her clothes pink?" I whispered and  Elara grinned.
"Most. But not all." She whispered back.
I slipped into the rocking chair in the corner of the room and Frances started to whine.
She took Frances into her arms and rocked her back and forth.
"Sing to her." Elara said and I smiled with a nod.
I opened my arms, "come here."
Elara placed herself on my lap and I wrapped my arms around her, looking down at Frances.

I sang a lullaby until both my girls were asleep in my arms.
I wished I could have had a photo taken of the three of us.
It was a perfect moment.
"El?" I whispered and placed a small kiss to her neck.
"Hm?" She said and slowly opened her eyes.
I searched her tired eyes and smiled.
"Will you be my girlfriend?"
When she didn't say anything right away my heart sank a little.
That was until she placed her forehead against mine.
"Of course I will."
I wrapped my arms around her more and she leaned against me, her head in the crook of my neck.
I sighed a sigh of happiness and let the joy run through every part of me.
I was happy.
This is how it should be.