•Chater 9•

Elara Beck.
"I'm so excited!" Agnes squealed as we walked arm in arm onto the campus of our university.
Summer was over, but this was a new chapter and it was so much better that Agnes and I were living in the same set of flats.
She was beyond excited, jumping up and down like a child.
We had collected our apartment keys and our schedules and we were both desperate to meet the people we would be living with.
"Why are you not more excited?!" Agnes pouted as she dragged me up the stairs.
"I am excited. Just not as excited as you" I laughed and she shook her head.

My room was perfect.
It was small but had a large window that looked onto the campus green below.
I knew that once I had decorated it how I wanted to, it would be home. Then again, I wasn't far from home. The university was only about an hour away from Mums. 
Just as I was opening my boxes to start unpacking, my door flew open causing me to jump back as I saw it wasn't Agnes.
A tall muscular boy now stood in the doorway of my room, a black gym bag slung over his shoulder. He had blonde hair and bright brown eyes, and was wearing all black. A black T-shirt, tight black jeans and a black denim jacket over the top.
"Erm, can I help you?" I said and he looked shocked.
"Shit I thought this was my room. What number is this?" He asked looking down at the piece of paper he held in his hand.
"This is room 2." I said and his eyes rolled in their sockets.
"I'm so sorry. I'm number 4."
"That's next door." I giggled and he shot me a grin.
"Hi neighbour." He said and stuck out his hand. "I'm Finn."
"Elara" I smiled and shook his outstretched hand.
"Cute name." He smirked and my heart missed a beat. "Well I guess I'll see you around."
"I'm sure you will."
"I hope I do" he winked before walking out of my room.

I smiled to myself as I was left on my own. There was no doubt in my mind that Finn was attractive. I had only known him for less than two minutes but already he was interesting to me. He seemed forward and confident and that was attractive to me. I felt excited that I was living with him and was excited to see if anything happened.

Less than five minutes after Finn had walked into my room, Agnes threw open my door. I couldn't get a moment to myself today.
She walked in and shut the door behind her, her eyes wide and her hands placed on her temples.
"Are you ok?" I asked and she put a finger to her lips.
"Have you seen him?" Agnes asked not referring to whom she actually meant.
"Him?"
"Erm the absolutely gorgeous piece of boy thats now living with us?" She said and I giggled.
"Finn? Tall, blonde hair?" I asked and her mouth dropped.
"You know him?!"
"He came into my room like two minutes ago and we just introduced ourselves." I explained and Agnes huffed and sat herself down on my bed.
"Lucky bitch." She sighed, throwing herself down, and I laughed at the way she was so dramatic.

After Agnes left, I finally had time on my own. I finished unpacking all my boxes and set out my desk. Once I was done it looked nice and I was happy with it. But I felt a churning in my stomach. A feeling I had never felt before.
I had to sit down at my desk and put my head in my hands, just waiting for the feeling to go away. There was a knock at my door but I couldn't respond. The knock came again harder before the person just opened my door.
"Hey I- are you ok?"
I looked up and saw Agnes and Finn stood in the doorway.
"I'm fine, I'm fine." I said and forced myself to sit up.
"We were going to go for a drink. Want to come?" Agnes asked coming into the room and rubbing my shoulder.
I nodded but knew it wasn't a good idea.

The whole evening as we sat in a bar, my stomach felt tight and knotted. I couldn't even drink anything other than water. A sip of alcohol made it worse.
I excused myself to go to the bathroom and was swiftly followed by Agnes.
"Dude what's wrong with you?"
"I don't know. My stomach is killing me." I said and gripped the side of the sink.
"Is your period due?" She asked and I put my hand over my forehead.
"It totally is. God I forgot." I sighed and Agnes giggled.
But deep down I knew it didn't feel like a period and my mind wouldn't be settled until my period came.