•Chapter 10•

Elara Beck
"You really should go to the doctors now Lara. It's been going on around two weeks now." Finn said as we sat on a picnic blanket on the grass.
We had been seeing each other a lot, and often had little dates. We weren't together and nothing had progressed passed holding each other's hands, or cuddling on each other's beds while watching a film. He was so caring and always made sure that I was alright and became increasingly worried when my stomach didn't ease off.
He was wonderful, and I had definitely fallen for him in the two weeks I had known him. I wanted us to be more than just friends but also knew it was too soon. I think he felt the same.
Agnes was excited about it. She would always make comments about how she thought we were well suited to one another.

Finn put his arm around me and I put my head on his shoulder as I sighed.
"Please Beck just make an appointment. I'll come with you if you want." He said and I nodded.
"Ok. I promise I'll make one." I said rolling my eyes and he kissed the top of my head.
"Thank you." He said and I looked up at him and gave him a tired smile.
He brushed a piece of hair behind my ear. He smiled before placing a very quick peck to my lips. I giggled and put my hand behind his head, kissing him longer. That was until we were interrupted.
"Thank fucking finally. Everyone's known you two have liked each other since day one." Agnes said plopping herself onto our blanket.
"Nice to see you Aggie." Finn laughed and Agnes shrugged.
"Hello Finley." Agnes smirked, causing Finn to roll his eyes.
We had all become fairly close in the past few weeks and Agnes definitely didn't care that she felt like a third wheel. Agnes pulled a sandwich out of Finn's bag and he couldn't bring himself to stop her.
"What's going on?"
"Beck's made a doctors appointment about her stomach." Finn said and I nodded.
"Oh shit your period never came?" Agnes blurted and my eyes widened.
"Agnes!" I said quickly and she looked between Finn and I.
"What?!"
It was just Agnes. Blurting things out when she didn't mean to. But it's why I loved her.

The doctors waiting room smelled awful and it was too quiet for my liking. I couldn't stop my leg bouncing up and down and I found comfort in biting the skin around my fingernails.
"Nervous?" Finn whispered and I nodded, but I didn't have time to answer before I was called in by a young, friendly looking woman.
"Do you mind waiting out here?" I asked and Finn smiled and nodded.
"I'll be right here." He said and I smiled before walking over to the woman.

She welcomed me in to her room and I sat down as she smiled at me. I was terrified of what she would find. I had just started uni and I hoped it wasn't anything bad that would interrupt everything.
"So, you've been having some stomach problems?" She asked and I nodded.
"They've been going on for about two weeks. I haven't had my period either." I said and she smiled at me.
"Alright lovely, any chance you're pregnant?" She asked and I swallowed before shaking my head. "Are you sure?" She asked and I sighed.
"Well no I'm not one hundred percent sure." I shrugged and she reached around in a draw.
She pulled out pregnancy test and pushed it towards me.
"Just pop into the toilets for me and take that. Come straight back in when you're done." She smiled and I walked out of the door, quickly to the toilets.

It felt strange with a pregnancy test in my hands. It should not be something i would have to do. I was always sensible. Except...
Oh god. The two minutes were up. I stared down at the stick and put a hand to my stomach as I saw the little positive sign appear in a bright condescending pink.
I sniffed back tears and walked quickly past Finn and back into the doctors room.
"It's a fucking positive." I said and let the tears fall. She held onto my hand and gave me a sincere look.
"I've got the ultrasound machine in here. Shall we just have a quick look?" She said and I reluctantly nodded.
She hooked up the machine and as I pulled up my top and the cold gel was placed on, she gave me a nod.
"Ok here we go."
She moved the gel around and I looked up at the ceiling, tears still falling.
"Yep it's definitely in there. About, Hm, eight weeks or so I'd guess." She said and I covered my face with my hands and cried. "Hey, you're young. I get that. But you're pregnant now and you've got to get your head screwed on."
"I know I know. Jesus I'm fucking pregnant."