6.10 (1)

Wei Mingyan followed the Village Chief all the way to his house, and when he saw the old man looking back uneasily, he smiled. “Village Chief, are you worried that something will happen to them?”

“Yes. I saw just now; everyone’s mood wasn’t very stable…”

The wrinkled face of the Village Chief was full of worries and guilt. He always wants to make the villagers live in peace. However, after so many years, he could only watch it get worse and worse.

He promised Wei Mingyan to help him just now. For the Village Chief who has never done anything bad in his whole life, it was hard.

“Don’t worry, Village Chief, those people are fine. Even if they want to kill each other, they won’t start doing it in broad daylight. Aren’t they afraid of going to jail?” Wei Mingyan said.

When he saw that the Village Chief still looked worried, he smiled more gently, “You should leave them alone. You have been the Village Chief for so many years, so shouldn’t you understand how they are already? Even if it’s your family that were to move the grave today, they would force you to do it for money.”

“But, they are all from the same village. What we did, didn’t mean for them to make each other, each other …”

The wrinkles on the old man’s face became even more wrinkled. Knowing that he still couldn’t calm his heart, Wei Mingyan raised his eyebrows and warmly said, “I didn’t lie to them. I really want to buy this mountain, and I want to move this grave. Even if you don’t help me, I have the money on hand and the connections, and I can still buy it.”

“Instead of thinking about these people, you might as well think about your son. He is honestly moving bricks out there and having to swallow the bitterness of being cheated because of not having a degree. Your granddaughter is only ten years old, so young, and shouldn’t even be reluctant to eat a piece of meat.”

The young man smiled and patted the wrinkled hand of the Village Chief. “My father always said that he is looking for an apprentice chef. Someone that’s honest. After he has learned the methods, he can stay in the hotel to work, and can earn at least 5,000 to 6,000 a month. It will be a bit tiring, but it’s better than your son working himself to death outside and getting dragged down by a black-hearted boss.”

The Village Chief’s hand trembled. “Mr. Wei, are you really willing to introduce my son to work in your hotel? He’s, he’s stupid, but I promise he’ll be very diligent in helping you. He is the most diligent at home.”

“Of course, not to mention what happened today, I would like to thank you for bringing up the bodies of Lele’s parents back then. Besides, you’ve just, uh, done me a favor, haven’t you?”

Getting rid of anxiety he had, the uneasiness of his son’s future life in the Village Chief’s heart was also reduced. He didn’t doubt the authenticity of Wei Mingyan’s words. After all, this person just showed him how much money there was in the card he owned.

“Well, if you don’t feel at ease, call your son now. I remember that my family just opened a branch in the City A you mentioned. I’ll call my Dad and let him be an apprentice now. How about it?”

“With all these people watching me now, I can only trouble you to take me in for the night.”

The Village Chief was full of excitement. 5,000 to 6,000 yuan a month!

That’s 5,000 to 6,000 yuan! If his son can earn so much money every month, his granddaughter could buy a new schoolbag and wear new clothes, and no longer have to be reluctant to buy snacks.

Compared to his most beloved family members, the weight of the village people who never listened to him and only vigorously bullied others was so much lighter.