7.1 (2)

The husband and wife were purely dragged down by the bad luck brought back from the original owner.

Wei Mingyan rummaged through the drawer and pulled out a book of scriptures.

It took less than half a page of reading before the room full of dark Qi was cleared out.

The understanding of Yin and Yang still worked so well.

He pulled out a turtle shell from the drawer and was about to divinate, but he then glanced at the calendar hanging on the wall.

It was the middle of July ah…

Wei Mingyan silently tucked the turtle shell in his pocket.

Qian Miao was a nurse. She was supposed to be off work today. She was also pregnant and should have gone to bed early. However, her friend happened to have something at home today and asked her to help with the night shift until 10 o’clock.

10 o’clock wasn’t very late, and her friend usually helps her a lot, so Qian Miao agreed without hesitation.

Carefully holding her belly as she checked the room, Qian Miao sat in the nurse station and started knitting. Although it was only July now, she was already planning to knit out her winter sweater early.Once she washes and dries it properly, how nice would it be for her husband to wear?

She thought about the baby in her belly, who would be born in a month, and she can’t help but fantasize about what the baby would look like. She was fine with a boy or a girl, who looks like her father or mother. They would be well behaved when they grow up, and they would study well.

This mother-to-be couldn’t help but be happy from the bottom of her heart when she thought about it. Although her baby hasn’t been born yet, the wonderful motherly love from Qian Miao was already smothering it.

While she was immersed in her thoughts, out of the corner of her eye, she suddenly noticed a figure walking towards the nurse station. Qian Miao hurriedly put down the sweater. “What can I do for…”

Her polite greeting came to an abrupt stop after seeing the man standing outside the glass of the nurse’s station.

There was a pause before she stood up somewhat stiffly, “Why did you come over?”

Although she didn’t like her father-in-law, she still had to maintain the appearance of decency for the sake of her husband.

The handsome looking man in a Daoist robe looked young, unlike the appearance of a 45-year-old man, who was about to become a grandfather. He spoke indifferently.

“My granddaughter would be born at 10:15. I came to have a look.”

“Ah?”

Qian Miao was stunned. She reacted after only feeling irritable and helpless, “Dad, I’m still a month away from my due date.”

Even if some old men and women around still believed Wei Mingyan’s words, Qian Miao absolutely wouldn’t believe them. If nothing else, he didn’t even ask her eight characters at the beginning. He only shook his tortoise shell, and said that she and her husband wouldn’t end well, which was enough to make Qian Miao’s affection for this father-in-law to be in the negatives.

(TNote: eight characters = birthdate characters/numbers and letters, used in fortune-telling.)

Later, he even drove her husband out of the house, and took away all his savings disgracefully. He rightfully demanded a pension every month, and wandered around the city without working every day, and reported his son’s name whenever he made a mistake. Last time, her husband nearly lost his job.