5.13

Qi Jingshu, previously riled up by hatred for her abuser from the grievances accumulated over the years, held up her cold expression. As soon as she got into the car, the trembling that she forced down just now showed on her fingers.

Her heart beat fast, but she had never been so happy at this moment.

She could now also stand up and resist.

She could also, with few words, talk back to the woman who had arbitrarily abused her and used her as an outlet before, and make her speechless and blue in the face.

After that, there was greater outrage.

Over the years, Qi Jingshu had more to think about what really happened than just have nightmares and not move on from her past.

She kept pondering why Cao Jing would target her so much when she hadn’t even noticed her before that.

At that time, Qi Jingshu was buried in her studies every day, so it was hard for her to go on vacation. On top of that, she was busy with housework at home, so she was not very clear about what happened at school.

Therefore, she absentmindedly accepted the violence and spent those two weeks in desperation.

Two weeks is not very long, but it was enough to ruin a girl’s self-esteem and life, and Qi Jingshu herself was not a particularly strong person. If her brother had not pulled her back to her senses, she might not be alive today.

Now, after facing her again with her own eyes, and even resisting Cao Jing, it dawned on her that the woman, as it turned out, was not invulnerable.

She could also protect herself and stand in front of Cao Jing, who once almost drove her to jump off a building. After seeing the look on that woman’s face that changed because of what she said, Qi Jingshu just sort of, felt completely appeased from that incident.

Not long after she got in the car, Wei Mingyan also came inside. He started driving, and later made a phone call while wearing headphones.

“Chief Cao, my girlfriend was working in your company and had some trouble with your daughter today. I am taking her back first, and I hope you can let your company’s personnel handle the procedures.”

“No, I have an appointment tomorrow. See you next time.”

Qi Jingshu couldn’t hear the other person’s voice, but could see the expression on her boyfriend’s face.

He was smiling, with anger evident in his voice. After he cut off the call, Wei Mingyan tore off his headphones. His smile then fell, and his face became anxious.

The car slowly pulled up to the side of the road. Just now, the man who dealt with the other person with a shallow smile turned his head, his eyes now full of guilt as he took his girlfriend’s hand.

“I should have come to pick you up earlier. I’m sorry.”

It was clearly not his fault. It was as if he had fallen from the sky, a godsend to help her get away, but her boyfriend apologized so tenderly as if he had done something wrong.

Qi Jingshu’s suffocation that had just been there disappeared without a trace under such a warm and mellow sight.

She was no longer the same person as before when she let people bully her and didn’t dare to complain. Now, even if she quit her job, she could find another one.

Those people were just disgusting and will only bully the weak.

“Thank you, Mingyan.”

Qi Jingshu showed a smile, one which was very shallow but dazzling.