7.13

Zhao Xi walked on the road to school in a hurry. She had to take a year off from school. These days, she had to find a nanny to take care of her children. Fortunately, when her parents died, Zhao Xi only took her share, and kept her younger brother Quanquan’s share properly. She planned to give it to him when he grew up.

Originally, she was a little girl who needed the protection of her parents. After her parents died and she became a mother, she grew up a little bit.

Thinking about the children at home, she kept walking at a faster pace, walking and hearing familiar names in her ears.

“Is Teacher Bai really the arsonist? No way, he usually looks so gentle.”

“Really, I saw him being taken away with my own eyes. Teacher Bai seemed like he had aged, and he didn’t resist when he was taken away.”

“Why is that … what’s the reason? Why did Teacher Bai set the fire? Doesn’t he usually look normal?”

“I don’t know. Anyway, Teacher Bai admitted it, but didn’t say the reason …”

Zhao Xi paused in her tracks, watching the two girls leave, laughing and joking.

She closed her eyes, hid the tears in her eyes, and kept moving forward with her feet.

But mentally, nonetheless, in a trance.

Bai Yumu, he really wanted to kill his own child …?

“Be careful –“

She was reminded by someone from behind, Zhao Xi was stunned for a second because she was thinking about Bai Yumu. She actually walked onto that rock by the school lake and looked like she was about to fall.

“Ahh …”

Because she lost balance, her body tilted down, and Zhao Xi’s heart flashed with panic. The lake of the school had always been surrounded by railings, but only this rock wasn’t enclosed, because it was too high.

And she couldn’t swim…

There were couples around, chatting by the lake, and they reminded Zhao Xi. Seeing this, they all stood up and ran over in panic.

The imagined sound of falling into water didn’t ring out.

The girl standing on the stone maintained the movement of leaning forward, and little by little, slowly, lowered her feet onto the ground.

“God …” the girl among the couple covered her mouth. “She’s a dancer. Her balance is really good.”

Zhao Xi’s feet stood firm, but her whole body was stiff.

She could feel something behind her, pulling her back little by little.

Obviously, no one could see it, but Zhao Xi just knew.

That’s her Da Huang.

“Da Huang, is that you …?”

She asked trembling. Then, she felt her cold hand gently licked by an animal’s tongue.

Just like in the past, when she was unhappy, Da Huang was like this. He nestled at her feet and licked her hand once, to comfort her.

“Da Huang, Da Huang ….”

The couple behind her looked on with confused faces, as Zhao Xi crouched down and cried.

“Why is she crying? Didn’t she not fall?”

“Is it scary? You go up and comfort.”

“I’m a guy. How could I be any good at comforting? You better go up there …”