Chapter 27: wolverine

Mania jumped at a wall and stuck on it.

Mania: I can tell I'll probably not be able to win this time. So this'll have to be farewell for now.

Y/n: WHAT?! YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE NOW!!

Mania had already run up the top of the building and on to the roof. Y/n and the others followed behind but she seemed to be gone.

Y/n: *sigh* goddamnit.

Laura: I second that statement.

Gwen: sorry guys...

Y/n: for what? You didn't do anything wrong.

Gwen: yes but...even gwenpool was a better help than I was.

Laura: that was the last mission. And besides she had an rpg.

Gwen: r-right.

Suddenly, Laura's phone started went off. Laura turned on her phone to see who it was.

Laura:...aw shit.

Y/n: what? What is it?

Laura: it's my dad. Says he wants to me to go over to him. And to bring you along as well.

Y/n: and your dad is...

Laura: Wolverine, yes.

Y/n:...this'll either be really awesome or really bad for me. I'm betting on the former but it's more likely to be a mix of both.

Laura: haha. Come on let's go you two. And yes he might bite.

Gwen: eh?!

Y/n: you ain't making this meetup any easier.

Laura merely shrugged. Once the three of them got changed into normal casual clothing, they went to the diner that Wolverine invited them to. They entered the dinner and found Wolverine sitting in one of the booths. He was actually quite...short. Short but deadly enough to cut their arms off in an instant.

Laura: hey pops! Nice to see you again.

Wolverine looked up from the newspaper he was reading and smiled at Laura.

Wolverine: nice to see you too you little punk.

Wolverine gave her a friendly noogie on the head before he looked over at y/n and Gwen.

Wolverine: so we finally meet. Nice to meet ya bub.

Y/n: uh, same man.

Y/n and Wolverine shook hands and then y/n introduced Gwen to Wolverine.

Wolverine: good job on getting that first symbiote. We still got about four more out there but you guys got that one real quick. Any progress on the second one?

Laura: yes. We meet her before you gave me that message actually. She seems...complicating. She got away before we could detain her.

Wolverine: is that so? Do you think you'll need help?

Laura:...no. We'll be fine. We should be more than enough to take her and the rest of them on.

Wolverine: right just making sure. Don't hesitate to ask for help ok?

Laura: r-right. I need to go to the restroom.

Gwen: oh. I'll go too.

Both girls got up and went to the restroom. This left y/n and Wolverine alone at the table. It was awkward until Wolverine started to speak.

Wolverine: bub. Can I ask you for a favor?

Y/n: Um, sure. What is it?

Wolverine: I need you to do the best you can at helping her. I know she wants to do this without backup from us. She wants to prove herself. So I'm asking you to help her with that. Can you do this?

Y/n:..you bet. I'll use all the power I got to help.

Wolverine: good...also no hitting on her. Or you know.

Wolverine: you get the claws

Y/n: sir yes sir....

-Meanwhile in the restroom-

Laura was cooling off in the bathroom. Gwen then went up to her and stood beside her.

Gwen: hey. Is something wrong?

Laura: I just...I just don't know if I'm ready Gwen. I want to make a good impression on my fellow x-men by doing this mission without their help but...what if I screw up?! What if you get hurt? Or y/n gets hurt?!

Gwen: we both get hurt a lot so you don't have to worry.

Laura: Gwen you know what I mean.

Gwen: Laura...I wish I could be like you sometimes.

Laura: really? I thought you hated me.

Gwen: hate is a strong word but I will admit I disliked you at the start. But I saw you more and hanged out with you and I realized that you have more confidence than I do. And you aren't afraid to speak your mind when you need to. I myself barely had the courage to kiss y/n that one time. And then when he asked if we were a couple I said "I need to think about it" because I got cold feet. I was being an idiot.

Laura: wait you both kissed already?!

Gwen: yes b-but that's besides the point!

Laura: don't worry. I got what you were saying. Right then. I'll keep what you said in mind. Thanks a lot Gwen.

Gwen: it was no problem.

(And I'm back from my big break! What did you guys think? Anyway it's time for me to hit the hay but I hope this makes up for all that time I was gone! I also have a new story if you guys wanna check it out. It's undertale. Because I like that game. Well see you guys later and sayonara!)