Chapter 29: redemption

Y/n, Gwen, and Laura headed out to find mania. She was a giant threat and a pretty...perverse person.

Laura: you two know remember what we planned?

Gwen: of course!

Y/n: still Crystal clear in my mind!

Laura: Alright then, let's do this!

Laura split from the two and went off to search for mania in one part of New York City while y/n and Gwen decided to search another district together. They had their phones on them in case anything happened.

Gwen: So...it's just the both of us huh...

Y/n: yep...

Gwen: all alone...

Y/n:...Gwen, I love you like no other but now isn't the time.

Gwen: I know...but what about after this?

Y/n: well...there is the new mortal kombat movie and a good burger place I wanted to try out so...sure. Besides we need another date soon.

Gwen: my thoughts exactly.

Y/n: you know, I actually thought that once this whole spider-man gig got me in a good spot, I would try to make a spider-man-themed burger place!

Gwen:...I'm gonna have to be honest and say that sounds like a bad idea.

Y/n: y-yeah, I thought so too after a while myself! Just wanted to hear what you had to say! Hehehe...

Also Y/n: "welp, there go all my dreams, down the drain of stupid they flow."

Gwen: there!

Y/n: oh! That's her!

Mania, or at least their host, was walking down the street and was seemly looking for something. Y/n pulled out his phone and called Laura.

Y/n: Laura, we found her.

Laura: great! Now just follow and do NOT ATTACK. Am I clear?

Y/n: um, I don't think that's possible.

Laura: eh?! Why not?!

Y/n: because mania is looking right at us with a VERY wide and disturbing smile.

Laura:...shit...

Y/n: anyway I gotta go! I'll send you my location!

Y/n quickly texted the location and got ready for battle. Gwen stood up as well and got in a battle stance.

Y/n: been practicing gwen?

Spider-Gwen: probably more than you.

Y/n: oh yeah? We'll see soon enough.

Both of them jumped down from where they were and mania transformed to her symbiote self.

Mania: hehehehe...HAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh spider-man, oh ghost-spider, I've been waiting for the both of you for a while! And now that the claw bitch isn't here, We are gonna have SO MUCH fun.