chapter 18: realization

y/n was playing doom eternal in his room when he heard his aunt may call him down to breakfast.

y/n: hey aunt may. are you doing alright?

aunt may: yes. it's just these bills...

y/n: are they too much?

aunt may: n-no! it's alright. besides, you should focus on school and getting pictures of spider-man! you needn't worry about me.

y/n:...ok

y/n may have said ok, but he was more concerned about the bills so y/n took a look and found out that his aunt's bills were through the roof! and aunt may doesn't have a job or any way to pay for it. y/n went to school looking glum. his friend, Gwen Stacy, came up to him.

Gwen: y/n? what's wrong? you look depressed? well more than usual anyway... 

y/n glared at Gwen for a moment before sighing.

y/n: it's my aunt...the bills just came in and she doesn't have a lot of money...

Gwen: Oh god. is there any way I can help?

y/n: help? HELP!?

Gwen: um...

y/n: sorry but unless you have a whole stock of cash then you can keep your "help"!!

y/n proceeds to stomp off while Gwen calls after him. after school y/n walks to the gate when flash stops him by standing in front of him.

y/n: do you WANT me to break your arm?!

flash: I heard how you treated Gwen this morning.

y/n: and?! what do you care!?

flash: to be honest, I don't care at all, I just wanted to rub in how stuck up you've become. heck, you may be calling me evil but you're the one threatening to break arms and not to mention you've abandoned you're friends. and they only want to help...

flash walks off.

y/n:...

later y/n is considering events that have been happening lately. he almost killed the vulture, he was willing to break flash's arms, and now he had told Gwen to fuck off. if flash was making sense then something WAS wrong. y/n swung to a church tower with a bell in it.

y/n: it's the suit...ever since I've had it I've been changing. I'm taking it off.

then a voice in y/n's subconscious spoke.

???: come on. the suit hasn't made things worse. it's made everything better!

y/n: but what about everyone we've hurt?

???: we don't need them.

y/n: not even aunt may?! THOSE AREN'T MY THOUGHTS!! 

y/n tried to tear off the suit but it wouldn't let him tear it off. then y/n bumped into the bell while he was fighting the suit and the vibrations hurt the suit.

y/n: the suit...it's venom!  I should have known!

then the suit stuck out and attached y/n to the wall.

y/n: what are you doing?!

venom: you sought out to hurt us. but you only made us stronger. now we shall give you a lesson. 

the symbiote wrapped y/n into a big black cacoon. and everything went black. suddenly y/n found himself surrounded in darkness.

y/n: what is this? what's going on?

???: what's going on is that you're gonna be late to school kiddo!

y/n turned around.

y/n:...uncle ben?! 

(cliffhanger for now! sorry, it took a while to post this! it's been a busy week for me! I'll try to update this story more. sayonara for now!)