75

Yeonjun turned on the camera and shifted it to my direction. "Uh— H-Hello, Mrs. Choi!" I bow as I finally gather my thoughts from the initial shock. "It's nice to finally meet you!" I mentally cheered when my voice managed to sound confident.

Oh God, then I remember....

I immediately tame my hair as I ogle at the person on the screen. Time blessed her so well with how effortlessly gorgeous she looked. Her hair was pinned and styled in an updo, her collarbones were peeking from her emerald green blouse and my breath slightly wavers when my gaze zeroed in on her eyes.

Yeonjun has his mother's eyes! It looked exactly the same as hers. It was as if I was now looking into his. I marvel at how they painfully have the same mono-lidded almond orbs.

A goddess. That's what she was.

"My girlfriend, mom." Yeonjun tells with pride, his hands naturally coming up to wrap around my shoulder.

"Jiwon, is it? Wow! I'm glad to finally put a face on the girl my son has constantly been talking about." She pauses briefly, keen eyes scanning my face. "Even when he visits us, all he really talks about is you. Even more than his own members." She laughs lightly. It's quite hard to get a few remarks in. His mom talks fairly quick.

",You're so pretty.... I bet you'd make good friends with Yeji! She's also an idol. But you probably already know that. She's so popular right now!" I felt my lips twitching but I still maintained my smile. I hear Yeonjun suck in a breath beside me.

I held his hand firmly, subtly telling him not do anything irrational. Besides, I understand that she may just be excited. So all I could do was nod.

"Which reminds me... She hasn't visited me for a while now." His mom continues on, oblivious to the effect her words have on the both of us.

"Healing-ah, you should call her after this. Tell Yeji to stop by at our house. You know it gets pretty lonely here."

I bit my lips. I didn't know what to react to that. It hurt a bit if I was being honest. "Mom, listen...." Yeonjun's voice dropped an octave lower, his words has started to sound sharp. I wince.

Whilst looking down did I finally see that I have unconsciously been tugging on my clothes all this time. My shirt now had a lot of creases. I'm glad Yeonjun turned the camera away from me because I didn't know what my facial expression currently looked like. I didn't want to come off as someone rude to his mother. It's my first time meeting her and I didn't want to add another false information to the pile she's probably already heard about me.

Yeonjun strode a few meters away, all his efforts just to avoid making me upset.

But I wasn't. Really. I leaned on the railings and looked up at the sky. The night was starless. Even the moon hid it's glow behind the clouds. From a distance, I still hear them. Yeonjun's voice was now pleading. It's a pinch to the heart but what else can I do. I'll just have to make them think otherwise. That they can trust me with Yeonjun.

You're Jung Jiwon! Everyone would be proud to have you! I remember Hoseok oppa saying this not too long ago. He called me recently. Seeing that he was stuck with practice, the only means of communication for us siblings were texts and calls. He never missed a day where he asks me how I was doing. Its his little words of encouragement but it meant everything to me. Hoseok oppa's presence was like a cup of coffee after getting little to no sleep.

"Let's go back inside now? It's getting chilly. I can't have you getting sick." Yeonjun placed his hand on the small of my back. We began walking towards the balcony door. His face didn't show much of what he's thinking but the dazed look that he had must be something.

A few steps after closing the balcony doors did we finally hear all the shouting from the members. All four of them seemed to have gathered in the kitchen. Oh boy....

As we got near, I started to smell a weird stench. It wasn't particularly a burnt smell but close to ingredients that shouldn't even be mixed with each other. My brows furrowed when I take a few steps closer to the crime scene.

"What the hell did you all do this time..." Yeonjun strode past me to see what the rest were plotting. I quickly disguised my laugh with a cough when all the boys pointed to different members. Soobin was pointing to Kai, Taehyun pointing to Soobin, while Beomgyu was raising both his hands. His eyes were wide like saucers as he studied the oldest's exasperated expression.

"They wanted to try a recipe they found on tiktok." Kai blurted out in one breath. "Who's idea was this?"

"IT WAS SOOBIN HYUNG." Beomgyu yelled.

"NOW WHY ARE YOU LYING? IT SHOULD BE TAEHYUN'S FAULT SINCE HE BURNT THE POT HANDLE!" The accused comically defended himself.

"Uhm.. what exactly were you planning on making?" I cut in calmly. Knowing them, if I hadn't butted in, they'll be screaming until we get complaints from the neighbors.

"The carrot bacon..." Taehyun whispered. His ears instantly turning bright red as the idea didn't sound so appealing now.

"HUH??? I thought we were making cotton candy burritos!?" Beomgyu's jaw fell open. He dropped the plate he was holding and questioningly looked at his members.

"We're on a diet, you dumbass..." Taehyun sassily rolled his eyes. ",now who the heck told you we were making those burritos?" Soobin shuddered.

"Kai!!! You liked my idea right?"

All five of our heads turned to the youngest. He visibly gulped when the attention shifted to him. "Uh— ahaha, I think Tobin's calling me," Then he was running.

"KAI YOU TRAITOR!"