54

After we finished our rehearsals this morning, us girls and a large set of pd-nims have hit the road to visit a few sights in the city. They told us that they started filming us during our practice and travelling will be a part of us showing basically everything to the fans.

Currently we are all sitting cross legged in the grass at a famous park, waiting for our break to finish. One of our directors— Soojin Pd informed us that we will play a little game to see who'll get the extra pocket money for our stay in Los Angeles.

That's all I have been thinking about for the past thirty minutes now. My competitive side might resurface when we'll actually play. I just wish it'll lean more on physical strength. Only me and Ria shined in that department so she'll be the only one I have to worry about.

"Slate please." I perked up when I hear Soojin Pd call for a staff member. It's starting!

Eunbi unnie was the one who stood up when another director handed out a gold-coloured envelope. She walked towards us again and loudly read whatever is on the piece of paper.

Today marks the group's 50th day after debuting, for that I congratulate you. Pick a random card provided by the staff and a mission will be displayed there. Good Luck, Genies!

As if on cue, we stood up and one by one picked a rolled out paper in a cylindrical cup. I discretely went far from the members and opened the one I picked.

After reading the card, we finally cut the filming and headed to the van. I guess we will continue the game at the concert venue.

Today will be the first and last day of practice. By this time, I  bet TXT and BTS are finished with their blockings and positions on stage. Only our collaborative stages are the only ones we need to think about.

"You ready?" Eunbi unnie placed a comforting hand on my shoulder and gently squeezed them. I let out a heavy sigh. No. I wasn't ready. Nor will I ever be.

"You can do it. Look, the stage director is already calling you. Fighting, Jiwon!" She held me by the waist and spun me around to emerge from the backstage. I did a few stretches before I finally gathered the courage to join my partner at the very center.

"안녕하세요, sunbae." I greeted him with a small voice and bowed my head. Thankfully he did the same and dipped his head down.

We stood awkwardly side by side, waiting for our cue to start our routine. Fortunately the song only lasts for about two minutes. I think I can survive it without doing anything that can potentially embarrass me.

"Move forward please, you two! Music cue!" One of the stage managers yelled loudly and both Yeonjun and I leaned into position.

The song finally started and every move I practiced for weeks alone in the studio came out fluidly. Our bodies moved in sink.

I wasn't breathing. Really. The only chance I could let out a few huffs is when we are not touching. The dance required a lot of skinship and eye to eye contact much to my horror. Every move is designed specifically to heighten one another's actions. Now I'm scared.

Something about that makes my body shake with familiar excitement which I'm desperately trying to push down. I can feel my blood rushing throughout my body faster than when I normally dance alone. My heart is beating so loud even without the bass that was coming from each corners of the stadium. Goosebumps litter the skin where his hands has touched. Crap. Now I'm terrified.

Once the song arrangement has come to an end, I flew past him towards my group's fitting room. I'm speed walking through the halls, my hands are shaking and I'm panting really hard. I just can't do it. As much as I don't want to admit, he still had an effect on me. Heavily affecting everything in my body. I subconsciously placed a hand on my chest, attempting to tame the harsh beatings. It feels like my heart will jump out any minute with how fast its running.