06

"So, you're telling me you two embarrassed yourselves infront of TXT sunbae?" Ria asked us slowly, her eyes were shining brightly with both amusement and bafflement. She clutched her stomach as soft peels of laughter came from her mouth.

We were already in our practice room, taking a break from our vocal training. After that weird encounter, we ate our meals hastily just so we could get back as fast as we can inside the four walls of our territory, not really minding if we get judged by others that we looked like chipmunks with stuffed cheeks preparing for winter. The remaining two following suit after we gave them pleading looks.

"Yes." Ga eun and I said in unison, pouting.

"Yikes... I'll just pretend I don't know you guys." Ria jokingly nudged Eunbi with her elbow, purposely teasing us more.

"You're mean!" Ga eun wagged her index finger at the youngest, to which she returned with a knowing smirk.

"Aigoo! Stop acting like the maknae, unnie. We all know who the youngest here is!" Ria responded sassily. Well, it's true though, Ria is only 16. While Eunbi on the other hand is already 20, all of us having close age ranges that we were starting to talk casually to one another, teasing and having childish banters even. It's funny to think that we almost have a perfectly sequenced age number.

"It's 4:30 pm already. I'm heading to the convenience store," I let out a loud groan after a bone somewhere on my hip cracked from uncomfortably sitting on the floor for too long. "Do you guys want anything?" I asked while massaging my tensed muscles. According to Eunbi unnie we will still be here until 6:30 to meet a teacher for languages. It's our first day at training but the schedule is already crazy hectic. I could only imagine the intense training we'll get for the following months.

"Banana milk and a sandwich!" Ga eun practically shouted. She raised her hand adorably and waved to get my attention.

"Why don't we all get the same thing? Are you okay with that, Ria?" Eunbi suggested.

"Sure!" Ria responded immediately in the corner. "I could use a classic grilled cheese." She followed.

"I'll be back in a few." I said waving before turning my back and closing the door.

Upon arriving to the convenience store, my mouth instantly watered because of the mixed scents of food. The bright colours from the products is unexpectedly giving me comfort.

I made a beeline to the sandwich aisle and waited patiently on the side to avoid pressuring the tall guy in a yellow hoodie. He looked like he was having an internal debate, holding two different breads while talking animately with himself. So out of respect, I just moved a couple of steps behind him, picking at a stray thread on my hoodie to distract myself. He must have not seen me because when he stepped back, he accidentally hit me on my shoulder.

He gasped before turning around to face me. "Oh? I'm so sorry! I didn't see you there. Gosh... I'm so stupid!" He wailed. His cheeks and ears heated from embarrassment and there, I immediately saw foreign features on his face.

"Ah, it's fine

"Ah, it's fine. It's fine." I laughed lightly while waving my hand. And then..... it became silent again. How awkward.

"I'm half German." He suddenly blurted out, smiling sheepishly at me. I didn't even realise that I was staring too much. Now it was my turn to blush. He caught me ogling at him. Oh god.

"Haha, I see." I tried to play it off, nodding my head nonchalantly at him and crossing my arms. But the hints of amusement on his eyes and the smirk on his lips tell me that I'm failing miserably.

"I'm Hueningkai, by the way. But you can call me Hyuka or Kai for short." He beamed, offering his hand to me. I swallowed the gasp that almost came out of my mouth when his eyes became endearing crescents. His smile was also showing small parts of his gums. I wanted to coo and pinch his cheeks but I remembered that this was our first meeting. I almost hit myself on the head, it would have been another embarrassing moment for me.

"Nice to meet you Kai! My name is Jiwon." I smiled back.

"You're buying snacks too? I should wait for you then! We go to the same building anyways." He said while watching me pick sandwiches.

"Oh, thats nice of you! Thanks." I told him while still keeping my eyes on the variety of breads. That surely got me by surprise, I'm not gonna lie. I didn't expect him to remember me when after a few seconds of staring at his face, I realise that he was one of my seniors.

We were now on the aisle with beverages and I was waiting for Kai to finish choosing what to drink. He was very energetic and uhm — how should I put it.... oh yeah, also very loud. He told me that he was only 17 and after learning that I was older, asked if he could call me noona. Of course, I agreed. I didn't have a choice, he used aegyo on me.

"Noona, what do you think... Should I get this pororo juice or just plain coke?" He asked while staring seriously at both the drinks.

"I think—" Even before I could answer, we heard another person calling for Kai.

"....Yah Hyuka, what took you so long?!" It was that same guy. He didn't notice me yet but when Hueningkai turned to me, he followed suit then his eyes widened.

"Oh. I didn't see you there." He instantly calmed down and answered with a small voice. I noticed his ears were bright red. Hmm, he must have ran in this cold weather. Poor guy.

"Hyung, this is Jiwon noona! I met her here and she trains in Bighit. How cool is that?" He told his hyung enthusiastically. The stranger didn't even look at Kai and kept staring at me.

"Noona, this is Yeonjun hyung. One of my members." Kai must have noticed the lack of response because he introduced me to him instead.

"Hi! Nice to meet you." I said while offering my hand to which he only nodded. Damn. How cold. I puffed my cheeks because of that.

Starting to sense discomfort, I decided to just leave.

"Kai, you already have my number. Just text me if you have something to say, okay?" I said while patting the younger one on the shoulder. Yeonjun instantly looked at Kai with disbelief after hearing what I said. His eyes slightly widened and his mouth was agape. I guess he doesn't like me.

"Okay, noona! It was nice meeting you!" Kai said while waving his hand.

——————
Word Count: 1143