59

I must have blanked out for a moment because when I opened my eyes, I felt myself getting lifted off of the ground. Large warm hands scooped me from the hard concrete floor. It doesn't take me long to realise who it was because of the familiar smell of rain and musk. The distinct scent long imprinted in my mind.

A handful of staff gasped when they see who it was that carried me. I lowered my head and slightly turned to his chest when people started whispering amongst themselves. I completely understood their reactions though. This was the first time Yeonjun has acted on something on his own and shown concern. He stopped caring after the controversy of him on stage went viral. He became aloof especially to the staff members, his actions becoming limited to saying 'hellos' and 'goodbyes' only.

"You didn't have to, you know. I'm fine." I managed to whisper when we finally got a good distance from the crowd. He scoffed sarcastically. I winced when his jaw painstakingly clenched, his teeth grinding against each other. Signs that he didn't approve of anything that I said.

"Now is not the time to be hardheaded, Jiwon. So shut up." I immediately quieted down when he bit back coldly, his voice dropping seriously low that I uncomfortably adjusted from my position.

He must have noticed the hurt in my eyes because he continued, "You are hurt." His voice coming out softer this time. His eyes kept glued to the stadium's exit as he walked at a steady pace. His hands are tightly holding my form, delicate in areas that had forming bruises.

Yeonjun sped up when we reached the parking lot. My panicking manager was already waiting. He immediately jumped to his feet when he saw us. The staff had probably called him already, informing him about the accident. Jesus. The news spread so fast. Everything was going too fast.

The next thing I know was we finally arrived at the hospital. I was put on a bed in the emergency room. Doctors quickly flocking my side when we entered. Funny how the moment my body hit the cushion, I started feeling the pain. My eyes watered when the adrenaline died down. Every part of my body was aching, pulsating in some parts that it was unbearable to focus on what the doctors were trying to explain to me.

When they notice that I wasn't paying much attention, they turned to Kibum oppa. I frowned when I see his trembling form. He was squeezing his fingers so tightly that it was starting to turn white. It was obvious that he was desperately trying to stay calm. It didn't help that he only knew limited English. He had his undivided attention towards what the doctor was saying despite of the language barrier. I see Yeonjun stepping up to Kibum oppa's side from time to time. Him being the one to answer and translate for my panicking manager.

I think it was very unnecessary how three professional doctors tended my injuries seeing that the emergency room was packed. Patients that had it worst should be the top priority — not me. The hospital was quick on giving me special treatment as soon as they found out that I was a celebrity. They put me on a more private area. Secluded and away from people who might have infectious diseases.

Oh how I wanted to point out every extra little detail that they were doing. Whine about how they were all over reacting but seeing Yeonjun and Kibum oppa's faces, It took everything in me not to complain. I already brought too much problem. The least I could do was to get immediate medication so that I could perform for the concert.

Everything went super fast. Nurses had given me shots of painkillers for the ache on my arm, and disinfected and dressed the rest of my wounds. The problem now was the black and blue bulge rising on the part of my right wrist. It looked gnarly. I winced when I tried moving my fingers. The nerves in them felt funny that my fingers remained unresponsive to the touch. Bolts of pain went up my spine when I poked a finger in the area, the pain making me even salivate.

Treating my wrist took longer than I expected. They wrapped my broken limb with cement. Starting from my knuckles to the middle of my arm.

I rose to a sitting position on the bed when the doctor finally arrived with the x-ray results. She neared my spot holding a brown manila envelope. All of us in the room were silent as we waited for her to speak. I can't help but nibble on my lower lip. I hope this won't affect my work. I didn't want to fail our fans.

"You have a fractured wrist, Miss Jung. That part on your arm took the impact when you fell off of the stage. Luckily you landed on a good angle." I couldn't quite catch some of the difficult terms she used but I still nodded my head. I'm hoping that the ones I understood was enough. It sounds good so far.

I turned to my manager for help, urging him to ask questions. Kibum oppa easily understood the look I was giving him and stepped forward. His eyes were slightly glazed, indicating that he was practicing his words inside of his head before speaking. But before he could even let out a sentence, Yeonjun already cut in.

"How long does she need to rest? Would she be fine if we pushed through with the concert?" Both Kibum oppa and I had our mouths hanging open when we hear Yeonjun speak English fluently. His tongue gliding smoothly to pronounce each syllables. He looked so attractive. I almost forgot the reason why I'm here.

"I suggest you take a break from your schedule. Let's say 5 days. She can start working after that. This is to avoid straining the muscles in that area and also to make it heal faster." The doctor handed him the medical prescription. Explaining to him what to take on a particular time. Yeonjun was so focused, he attentively nodded his head from time to time to agree with the doctor's terms. His eyebrows were furrowed and his lips were pursed.

I sighed and sinked back to the pillow when the doctor finally left the room. Whatever she said sounded like I wouldn't be allowed to join my group for the concert. Sadness and disappointment engulfed my body. Tears making my eyes burn and my throat thicken. I'm upset with myself. With how stupid and careless I have been. How the hell does one even manage to fall off of the stage? It was totally unprofessional. It was humiliating.

I bit back my sobs when Kibum oppa rose from his sitting position. "I'll just settle your accounts, Jiwon. After that we can head back." I merely nodded my head. Eyes avoiding prying ones.

I internally screamed when a sob managed to escape my throat. The sound ringing in the silent room along with the air conditioner. "You'll be okay. Don't be hard on yourself." I felt the bed sink on my side. Yeonjun placed his hand on mine and brought it to his thighs. His hands massaging mine to comfort me.

"Thank you." I said to him, my voice thick.

—————

What do you think will happen next?

Disclaimer: I don't know shit about the medical field. I haven't even experienced breaking a bone. So if anything sounds funny or wrong, don't be afraid to correct me :)

Tell me about you guys' hospital episodes/stories!