30

"Unnie, this is my fault." I croaked out. Eunbi immediately pulled me to her chest. "If.. If it hadn't been for me, then he wouldn't be receiving a lot of hateful comments from everyone. He-he doesn't deserve this unnie.." She shook her head fervently. Putting both her hands firmly on my shoulder.

"Listen to me, Jiwon. Talk to him right after we finish practice. He needs you now more than ever." I lowered my head, blinking a few times. I didn't have a face to show him. I was ashamed of myself.

"I know that look, Jiwon. Don't do anything irrational. Just talk things out, okay?" We continued hugging for who knows how long until the doors cracked open. Ga eun and Ria were panting hard. Their eyes were frantic as they searched for us. They already know.

"We ran here as fast as we can. We heard the news from the staff. Everyone's talking about it." Ria's sympathetic eyes burned holes in my skin.

"They are already having a meeting." Ga eun informed us as they both neared.

"He'll be fine." She said with a small voice. She too was unsure of how this will affect us. Not only to Yeonjun but to both groups. For sure, we'll be required more practice time to avoid another incident like this.

My lips quivered as I realised the weight of all of this to us and also to TXT. I'm sure they will have it harder. Their name was tarnished. I just hope that they aren't gonna be given punishments by the company.

My phone made a small sound in the corner. All of us turned our heads toward the device. I rushed to it without thinking, praying silently that it was Yeonjun. I sighed in relief when his name displayed on the screen.

Yeonjun oppa:
I miss u :(

My brows crunched up in confusion. Why was he messaging me like this. Like nothing bad has happened. I wiped my eyes and let out a shaky breath.

Jiwon:
Where are you?

It didn't take long for him to reply.

Yeonjun oppa:
We'll be back in thirty minutes
I wanna go to the park again :)

Something's wrong. So wrong. I don't know what made Yeonjun act like he didn't have a care in the world but it's scaring me. I fiddled with the sleeves of my shirt and stared at the slow movement of the clock. I don't have a choice but to wait. I sat in the corner by myself and tucked my head on my knees. Thankfully, the girls left me alone to quietly soak in my thoughts. My lips quivered. I'm starting to cry again.

It's a hard pill to swallow but everything is starting to get out of control. Us, me and Yeonjun kept ignoring the big elephant in the room. We knew from the start that we weren't allowed to be together but the two of us came closer to the fire like we were moths, willing to be burned. All of this was like a suicide mission.

At the end of the day, we'll just be bruising ourselves with the relationship that the both of us stubbornly formed.

I stood up. It was already past thirty minutes. I smoothened the nonexistent creases on my hoodie and I pulled my hair into a messy bun.

"Unnie, I'll be out at the park for a few." I said without looking, my eyes were fixated to the door as I walked.

I let out a long breath the moment I felt the cold air hit my cheeks. I blinked a few times before I decided to start walking to the park.

I have already messaged Yeonjun about my whereabouts. It won't be too long until I see him again.

I sat at the exact same spot where we first visited the place. The bench under the now leafless tree. Somehow the lights emitted from the fountain and lamps looked dull. A few bulbs were flickering on and off. Surprisingly, not a single soul littered the park. It looked a little haunted because of the faulty lights, totally different from how magical it looked the night we were here together.

"You could have waited for me in the company. We should've walked together." Yeonjun's melodic voice broke the silence. I lifted my eyes to his form— not noticing that I have blanked out again. He immediately sat beside me and smiled his warmest smile. My heart clenched and my eyes heated again.

Just him being around me makes me so emotional. A loud sob escaped my lips making his tug downwards. "I'm sorry." I whispered.

"Jiwon, no. It's alright. I'm fine," He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to his chest. "I can take it."

I shook my head and pushed my hands against his chest. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"You lied about having plenty of time! You... you said you were alright." My voice raised the same time my tears fell.

"I know. That was my mistake but I can do better, Jiwon! I swear I can do it!" He said while his hands rubbed my cheeks. I stared at him for a moment. Observing the dark circles under his eyes.

"Tell me, are you even sleeping?"

He immediately looked away. That was the only answer I needed. My heart clenched painfully as I imagined him training a few more hours through the night to have time with me in the morning.

"I can't believe you." I breathed out. Yeonjun was too stubborn. He was juggling things like it was a game.

"I won't do it again, Jiwon. Just don't break up with me." He desperately held my hands. Kissing them alternately while he pleaded with his eyes.

"I can't. I won't be able to take it." He barely whispered, his voice cracking a little towards the end.

I silently nodded my head. My lips were in a thin line as I hear him plead a few more times.