41

Since that mini run in at the restaurant, the boys became wary of their movements when they see me. They probably have already heard the news of me being related to Hoseok oppa.

I hated every bit of it. How they acted as if I had a big role in the company or how quickly they turn around when they see me walking through the corridors. It made me really worked up and frustrated.

Kai was the same. Thank god. He was still his energetic self around me. He didn't once try to act weirdly or avoided me like a plague. He still talked to me and on some occasions visited me in the practice room. It was so sweet. I was beyond grateful for everything he did.

Yeonjun though was another story. He was the worst. He treated me like I was invisible or I didn't even exist. He only responded to me when he needed to. It hurt. A lot. Every time his head turns to another direction did I feel it. How he wanted me to feel. Worthless. It was depressing, really. A part of me just can't move on from him. I mean, how can I just forget everything when he literally made himself fit inside my whole being. He really made sure that I wasn't going to forget.

This went on until it reached the month of March. It was like an unending cycle. In the morning we practice, at lunch we sit in awkward silence, feeling each other up and when it was time to go home, we treated each other like strangers. No acknowledgements, no sideway glances, no talking, no nothing.

It was now the 20th. And that means we were going to debut tomorrow. This made all of us just sigh in relief and to scream our hearts out. After everything, we still made it. We were finally debuting.

Our music video is gonna be released at midnight later and our official debut showcase will be held at Mnet. We will have a meeting later at noon and this will be regarding everything that we will be doing for the next two months. Yup, a lot was already on our plate

"Unnie, can we go to the convenience store?" Ria poked me on my shoulder, waking me up from my nap on the floor. I grunted, sluggishly moving to a sitting position while I rubbed my eyes. Everything felt sore. I cracked my neck and did a few stretches before nodding my head. I was also hungry. "Let's go." I got up and grabbed my phone and wallet.

"Unnie, you should probably fix your hair. We're idols now." I clicked my tongue and chuckled. I could never get used to that. I almost forgot that somehow people knew who we are now that pictures of our faces littered the internet. "You're right. Hold on."

I grabbed the hair tie on my wrist and swiftly tied my hair in a ponytail. "Let's go."

Just as Ria predicted, there were already a handful of cameras outside of the building. We hurriedly pulled our hoodies up and speed walked to the direction of the store. "Oh my god. This is scary." I said between heavy pants. We were now inside the store, sitting on one of the benches catching our breaths. We made a dash for it the moment we saw that the reporters were going to follow us.

"Unnie, I think its not safe here. Let's get everything and go." Ria's voice was calm but it still held a slight tinge of alarm. I nodded and we both grabbed a pile of everything we wanted. Doubling the amount so we wouldn't be forced to go out again later. I paid for everything and held Ria's arm securely. "Okay, when I say run. We run, got it?" I told her. We were peeping outside the glass wall, making sure if the group were still there.

I cussed loudly when I see them waiting on the other side of the road. An idea popped inside of my head when I see a giant truck coming. "Okay...Run!" Exactly when the truck blocked the reporters, we ran passed them and quickly making a beeline to the elevator of the building. I guess they really wanted a scope of something knowing that we had a big day tomorrow. What really bothered me though was they constantly stalked artists and get paid for feeding information to innocent fans.

"You what?!" Ria and I jumped when we heard Kibum oppa raise his voice. We decided to tell him about what happened. He massaged his temples before speaking more gently. "Both of you... Actually no, all four of you should always inform me these kinds of stuff so that I can accompany you." He sighed before speaking again. "Starting from now on, as your manager, I will be told everything, whatever you need or wherever you want to go, okay? I don't want another run in with those damn reporters." We all nodded obediently. We sat there in silence for a good thirty minutes, taking in the lecture.

So this is how it feels like. The limits idols have when it comes to personal issues. We didn't have it anymore. I definitely understood our manager though. What his point is. We would have been mobbed by those people or even worse, get hurt.

"It's time for the meeting. Let's go." Eunbi helped us stand up and lead us out of the door. "Cheer up! We'll debut tomorrow!" Ga eun flashed us her gummy smile and held our hands. I smiled back. Her energy quickly rubbing off on me.

"안녕하세요!" We bowed our heads and greeted the important people in the room.
"Sit down, girls." Bang Pd ushered the seats in front of him and smiled at us.

"First off, congratulations! I should probably get used to calling all of you G:NiE now." He chuckled. "Now, this will be important because after your promotions, you will be the opening acts for BTS when they start their world tour, together with TXT."

Oh.

Splendid.

He didn't notice the change in mood in the room and still continued speaking. "This will be at the same time that you'll be having a reality show. We partnered up with Mnet and they wanted to work with you guys! All the details will be explained once you're done with promotions."

"Isn't it great?" Bang Pd's hearty laugh echoed in the room.

We didn't laugh with him though.

————

Yo, I just heard the news that Soobin already broke up with bread....

He already replaced me with icecream wtf. Everybody, don't touch me. I'm emo.

:(