Chapter 10

Edit: February 3rd, 2017.

I wake up in a room, which looks very unfamiliar to my eye. I sit up, and see that I'm in a bedroom. Laying in an actual bed, that I haven't seen in weeks. It feels so good.

I scan the room, and there is no one in here with me. The room is empty, of anything. The walls are white, no pictures or posters hanging on them. There's a desk in the corner with nothing on it but a lamp, and the room is I'm guessing a spare room from someone's house. It's basic and boring, which I enjoy. More colour would make it stand out and be a lot bolder with the white and black theme, but it didn't matter at this point. The bed was only white, and king sized. It was a relaxing room; it gives me good and calm vibes. I stand up, grab my crutches, then walk out cautiously. I quietly open the door that stands directly across from me.

Parker is sleeping in a queen sized bed, the room exactly like mine but his bed is smaller by a size. I quickly and quietly close the door.

I open the door to the room beside me on the left hand side. The kids are in there, with beds pushed into it for each child. There was no room for anything else with all the twin sized mattresses in it. I close the door.

The room next to Parker on his right side, and Bert is in there. I hurl at the sight.

"Eugh. Yuck." I gag, and shut the door, louder than I did for the other two, not paying attention to anything but getting out of there.

There are stairs at the end of the hall, to the right of Bert's room. Where are we?
I gulp, then attempt to go down the spiralled wood. Each step makes me slip a bit, and aggravates me so much, I choose to butt-scooch my way down the many flights, and as slow as I'm going, it works out very well.

I pick my crutches back up, then stand on the cool tile flooring that lay beneath my cold bare feet.

"Hello?" I call through the walls, looking through rooms as I pass.

"In here," a voice replies back.

I follow it, and the echo leads me to the living room. I walk in through the swinging doors, and see Jada sitting upon a futon watching TV.

"There's cable here?" I question. She chuckles.

"No, Netflix though." She smiles widely.

"Never knew Netflix would work. . ." I admit, "with no internet?"

"Me either, but I guess it is." She replies happily. "Question," she says after a moment of silence.

"Yeah?" I raise my eyebrows.

"How did you get down here?"

"I bum-scootched my way down," I chuckle, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Of course you did." She smirks.

"Now it's my turn to ask questions." I grin.

"Okay." She says, her smirk growing. "Shoot."

"How did we find this place? Where are we?"

"We're in Waikaka, and we just looked for a big house, didn't find one, so we looked for apartments, and found this." She answers.

"How many bedrooms are there? In each?" I ask.

"Four," she replies simply.

"Four?!" I say in surprise. "Yeah, they are pretty big apartments," she giggles.

"I can see that now," I say, laughing.

"Do you like your room?" She asks me. "Well, apartment," she smirks.