Chapter 29

Edit: July 2nd, 2017.

I guess you could say that getting away from the security and people surrounding this place would be quite easy.

It's not.

Freddie had to turn down people wanting to make a conversation with me, asking me where I'm from and how I ended up where I am now. And I am really missing my fucking dog right now.

Paxton was all over us about where we were going and that we had to stay with everyone else as it was that time of the hour. So we were stuck with people, whilst making plans trying to get to his mother that we were suppose to meet in fifteen minutes.

"We have three ways out of this, Freddie. Two which is fair game, the other, well, it's not." I whisper.

"Shoot."

"There's the clever bathroom excuse, the run for it one, or we fight our way out. And considering I get my beautiful best friends as we would call weaponry, back, I'll use them if necessary, no hesitations."

"Let's work our way down the list." He answers. "Less lethal first." I nod in approval, walking away sneakily and tiptoeing my way to find the ladies restroom. Once out of the eyes of fellow survivors, I run into a bulky chest.

"And where do you think you're going?" A tall, built man asks me. Get your guns ready, Girl. You're going to need it.

"I'm just heading to the restroom, so if you'll excuse me." I reply as normal as possible, not making eye contact as I pass him.

"Where is your man?" He asks, stepping in front of me, once again, blocking my path.

"My what?" I laugh in confusion. We have bathroom escorts? What, am I going to suddenly pass out while taking a leak or will I need help wiping my ass? Why on Earth would I need a pee-pee escort when I am perfectly capable of performing bathroom duties on my own? I mean, if I was old, then sure that's different, but I still have half a century until I need to start worrying about that.

"Your man." He repeats. "Every washroom user has a guard follow and wait. It's a rule."

"I don't have one. But this is a real emergency, so I must really be going."

"No," he says huskily. I scrunch my nose in frustration. That boy is lucky he's my med partner otherwise his ass would be dropped.

"I just got brought into here by one of your medical staff. I'm leaving soon, so I don't have one."

"It doesn't matter, you need a watchdog."

God dammit, Freddie is probably waiting for me. I'm the quicker one, yet here I am, being the last one, as this buff, annoying giant holds me up.

"Unless you want me to reveal my liquidity insides and bleed all in your view, I suppose you back out of my way and let a lady do what she needs to do, with harm no done." I lie. I was really starting to get mad at Freddie. If only the idiot had made a plan we wouldn't be in this position in the first place.

The buff guy looks at me, grossed out, and gagging, and steps aside, letting me through. I smile gracefully at him, brushing my hair past him and heading to the restroom. I check each stall, checking that there is no people in here.

Once the coast is clear, I find the window at the top corner of the room, and open it. Breaking the screen, I slim-fit myself through before jumping, practically forcing myself to prepare to land on my bottom. Stupid cast.