Chapter 24

Edit: June 30th, 2017.

We've had to get gas twice so far. The roads are dead silent and so are we. The last gas station had walkers as our caterers, so we got a few of our crew to take them out. As for Summer, her ankle looks beat and people are starting to worry about the injection. That maybe she had been envenomated and it would only be a matter of time before the illness attacked her systems and slowly causes them to break down and soon enough, not work at all.

"That looks worse than a mouse spider bite," Indiana says as Summer starts sweating and panicking.

"Relax, okay? You'll just make it worse if you panic. Just calm down," Noah comforts her.

"That looks worse than a mouse spider," Indiana repeats. "Alex, are you sure it was a mouse spider?"

"I don't know, I think so? It was dark and the damn thing looked black and looked like it had more than two legs. That was the first thing that popped into my head, okay?"

"Well she could be bitten by a deadly one!" She screams at me. Is this whole group bipolar or something? "What's wrong with you?! My friend could die because we all thought it was a mouse spider! And here you are, you don't even know? Who does that?" Apparently me.

How's bout you do us a favour and shut your trap before I make you, hmm?

"How was I suppose to know?" I growl at her.

"Do the research and examine the thing, maybe?! Don't say it's something when it could be even worse!" She yells at me once more. I flex my jaw and give a death glare. Keep chirping me bitch and you'll be sorry.

"I'm sorry that I don't exactly have internet to check which kind of stupid spider bit your God damn friend, Indiana, so why don't you stop talking smack; you weren't there, you know nothing."

"If she dies it's on you." She scowls.

"I'd stop running your mouth if I were you." I warn her. I am not in the mood to deal with anyone's shit today. If I feel heated enough in the moment, I can see myself easily punching one of my friends if they came too close.

"I'd leave if I were you unless you want my fist at your throat." She laughs.

That's it. She better run.

I clench my fists and jump up. I walk fast toward her to warn her to shut the hell up again, and Declan pulls me back.

"Say one more thing and you'll be their midnight snack!" I hiss. My threats are not something to laugh about. They don't sound deadly, always, but I keep my word. If I say I'll do something, I'll do it. And now that everything's legal, that makes it even better. She better watch out.

"Love to see that happen. You'll be dead within minutes." She threatens. I snicker. Oh please. You'll be swollen enough that people will think you had too many McDonald's happy meals. "I am not someone to mess with. So back off."

"I'm the one being held back." I say through clenched teeth, and slap Declan's arms off of me. For emphasis and so he doesn't end up with a throat punch. I'd hate to do that when he didn't do anything.

He stammers, but loosens up a little. Declan still has one of his hands on my arm, while everyone else is silent while watching our confrontation. I wouldn't expect any of them to interfere, they know me and my anger. "I'm more dangerous than you are." Indiana chuckles. She seriously thinks this is funny? Let's see her laughing once I get ahold of her.