Chapter 21

Edit: June 29th, 2017.

I've always seen pictures of our oceans and seas, but never in person. My father and I were lake and river people. The angle and lighting the cameras put onto the water makes it so mesmerizing and beautiful, a lot of us drop dead in amazment of what our earth can naturally create. But what they don't take pictures of, is what else it can disastrously create. I mean, think about it. How often do you see people taking pictures and videos of storms and tsunamis and hurricanes? Not often? Why? Because they don't want to die? The storms aren't beautiful enough? Maybe they just like pretty things and fantasies than they do for reality and horror. Well, let me tell you something.

It's not that bad, to be honest.

These tropical storms are fascinating, not just dangerous. They look really bad, and yes, they can be really disastrous, but really, it's nature and nature's beauty. A lot of people just think of 'mess' and 'money' when a storm is mentioned. It's more than that, you just don't see the big, full picture.

There is a ninety percent chance that you'll live lost at sea, and that all depends on how you take on the situation, and how many crew you're included with. If you know your research, know your oceans, and think of all the outcomes that can happen, you would think you'd have a chance.
What lies underneath the sea, may be the biggest worry you have if you need to exit your raft or whatever: sharks, jellyfish, octopuses, the monsters in River Monsters... you name it. Or if just how deep it is, scares you. Don't get me wrong, I've searched up scary creatures that live beneath the deep waters and after that, I didn't want to go in any water for a long time.

But for most of it?

You're wrong.

You are on top of the water. A lor of these creatures don't float to the surface whenever they want, just to say hi. Most only to breathe or feed, sharks mainly. But these cold blooded animals, they are afraid of you just as much as you are to them. Especially the sharks. They don't like us. They like us for lunch, yes. But rarely. So for your protection if you are terrified of these things, don't do anything that will make you lose blood. Like me.

Problem solved.

Right now I'm not trying to purposely talk about this ocean and sea stuff and shit, but it's truly amazing when you see it from your perspective. Or maybe because my mind needs to be taken away for a bit. And because I'm trying to avoid going in the water from my bloody face.
___________________

Two days. We've been out here two days and our supplies are gone. Eaten and, not just by all of us. Mainly by everyone else, and I've only had like not even a quarter of what we had. It's fine, though.

Okay, maybe not. We have no water, no food, and just stupid shit that won't do any good out at sea. One more day. One more day, and we'll be alive and on ground. Hopefully.

The hallucinations are starting to kick in, and some of us are already starting to crave the sea water. We have to hold them back just to not let one go when we're so close to the end. So very close. My throat's been starting to clog up, and all I do is try not to look down. The water, so crystal clear, so shiny, so much of it, I can't help myself. It should be good right? If it's clear, its clean.

"No!" Jada says grabbing my waist.

"Just one taste, Jada! I promise." I struggle, losing my mind to the bright sea, I don't even remember names properly right now. It just looks so good.

"I'm Parker."

"Just one taste, Parker, I promise. Let. Me. Have. A. Little... oh who am I kidding? LET ME HAVE IT ALL!"