Chapter 38

Edit: August 26th, 2017.

READERS BE WARNED: This chapter mentions suicide. Any readers who have difficulty with this topic are recommended to not read it.

Let's just say that the morning after wasn't the best.

There was so much tension, it affected everyone, even those who weren't involved.

For some odd, confusing and awkward reason, there was sexual tension between Parker and I, and Freddie. Parker and Freddie had some deadly tension between one another, and it doesn't take a smart person to know that it involved me and what happened last night. Nobody talked, especially to me or the two guys. Even if they did, it was short conversation and was always made by Jada.

We left in the middle of the night. I'll say around two or three. Everyone took their much-needed sleep, and that was all that got us going. When I was on watch, I didn't realize that I only managed to go to bed at ten, when I thought it was one.

My ankle bothered me the whole night. I guess it's my fault because I refused to wear the boot, making two guys take turning carrying me through the trip. It was extremely unnecessary because it wasn't like it was hurting or anything; it was just very sensitive to the temperature, kind of like when you accidentally put your hand in hot or cold water and yank it out once you realize. Like that, so everything they did wasn't needed.

But hey, I didn't have to walk.

We're now about a few hours away from Jervis Bay, and I smack Parker on the side of the head to make him put me down. "Will you stop that?!" He hisses. "Jesus, woman, you've been doing that for fucking miles."

"Well when I tell you to put me down," I grin, "it usually means to put me down."

Parker mumbles something incoherent, and I just roll my eyes and smack him again once I realize I'm still in his hold. "Okay, okay, relax, God dammit." His hands drop from my thighs and I don't hesitate jumping down.

"Nuh uh," I put my hands out in front of the two. "I am walking. On my own."

"But-" Parker begins.

"No buts," I interrupt, "I've been telling you two for hours that I was fine."

"But-" Freddie starts, and I shoot him a stern look. "You were complaining. And you still need some physiotherapy."

"I'm sorry that my foot was sensitive to every damn movement the wind and weather was doing." I say, rolling my eyes. "It kinda makes a big change when it's been isolated for weeks and finally gets to come out of it's burrow and explore the world. And I was walking on my ankle the whole time I wasn't supposed to be, so I don't need therapy."

"Which wasn't a smart option to choose from," he states, "you could have some damage in the future if you continue pulling stunts like that."

"I don't need you doing everything for me, Freddie. I can do most things on my own."

"I like attending to your needs," Freddie shrugs, "I've been. . . unintelligent with my actions and I want to pay it back to you."

"For what?" Parker laughs. "For giving her piggybacks for hours?"

"It's no work on her end. Why not? Don't forget that you've been doing the same thing."

"Yeah, so? She's my best friend. I can do as much as I want with her."

"She's my girlfriend, meaning I can do more things with this title than you can with yours." He smiles.