Chapter 32

Edit: July 6th, 2017.

Jada's POV

"Will you guys stop arguing for Heaven's sake? You're getting Iko going and her barking'll draw another horde!" I snap at Parker and Ryanne.

They've been arguing for the last mile and Iko's barking at them. Their fights are useless; he said, she said. It's about Alex and Canberra and rescue, and somehow I ended up in their argument.

"Come on, let's go! Run!" A voice yells in the distance. I can't tell if it's a boy or girl voice, but I get everyone to stop and be quiet.

"What is it?" Rayne asks. I tell them to shut up, and they turn quiet.

Whoever it is, says the persons name, followed by 'stop!'

"Hear that?" I whisper, and I get weird looks. "Let's check it out, maybe they're in trouble." We walk faster, and see a girl dragging the boy. It looks like she's eager to go somewhere. She says something to him, and they start running off.

I look at everyone confused, and they shrug. "Wonder what that was about." I say a loud. I look down at Iko, who's sniffing the ground, then the air. She looks at me and her ears fling up. She randomly starts barking at me and begins rolling around. "Shh! You're being too loud, simmer down. Now is not the time for tricks." I say to her. She groans, then starts running off towards the two running people. "Iko! No, come back!"

We begin chasing after her, but she's beyond far ahead of us. "Iko," I scream. "Iko!" The two people turn around, and in the distance I see Iko pounce on the girl, causing her to fall down on her back. "Oh my God!" Ryanne gasps. "Control your dog Jada." I turn around slowly at her. Once I'm directly in her view, I scowl and point my finger in her face.

"I will strangle you. So control your mouth or I'll kill you then bring you back to life and you and I will watch as walkers feed off your body while your heart remains beating." I warn. "I will go there, Ryanne, no hesitations. 'Cause I am tired of everyone's shit, especially yours. I'm about this close to snapping your neck, so back off."

I run off to get Iko. I don't understand why she did that. She's so fragile and gentle, and she just randomly pounces on someone? No. It's not like her.

Iko remains on the girl, slobbering her oddly enough, in kisses, and I'm about a football field away from them, everyone else close behind me, when the boy looks at me, looks back at the girl, says something to her, she pushes the dog off, looks in my direction, says something to the boy, and he helps her up. They exchange short conversation and suddenly she stares me dead in the eye.

Oh. My. Gosh.

"Run!" She screams, grabbing onto the boy and they start running off-well, barely running-Iko right beside them.

"Alex, wait!" I holler, running after them. "Please, I can explain everything. Alex!" They turn a corner, and as I catch up and turn, they're gone. "Dammit!" I sigh.

"Jada?" Parker shouts. "Where are you?"

"Over here," I mumble, and turn around. Parker scans my face, and I can tell he's questioning whether or not he should ask what's up. "It was her."

"What was who?"

"The girl that Iko ran off to. It was her."

"Her as in. . ." He trails off, looking really confused. Boys.

"Alex. Iko ran off because she sniffed out Alex. Parker, something's wrong." I admit. I don't want to say it, but, for his sake and mine, I kinda have to.

"What is?" He asks.

"She knows it's us. She saw it was me, she knew. But she ran. Ran like hell. Parker, I think we hurt her so much that she doesn't want to see us anymore. She hates us."