Chapter 30

Edit: July 3rd, 2017.

Jada's POV

"What do you think?" I ask, biting my lip. I really hope they agree on our plan. It didn't take us two hours to work this through for nothing.

Parker and I have got Rayne on our side, now we want Ryanne.

I sit here nervously, Iko sitting on my lap for comfort, making me feel a little better.

"Why should I help you?" Ryanne questions.

"Because you're her friend?" I say, more so a question than a statement. They may not be the closest, but they're closer than acquaintances but far away from being friends. I just figured she'd choose Alex over them, since she's known Alex for as long as she's been enrolled in our school and Austin's group is already causing problems with us.

"She treated us like crap! Why do you wanna 'save' her?"

Oh boy. Here we go. "Alex was hurt and confused, okay? All of us treated her like rubbish, and now she thinks we never cared for her. Ryanne, she loves us, she left for us, because she thought we didn't like her anymore." Parker explains. With or without her, we're going to find Alex, we've already made it that far.

"And what do you think?" She asks.

"God dammit Ryanne I want her back!" I snap. "Now, are you in or not? If not, go away. We have shit to plan." The small area around us becomes silent, for which feels like hours. Ryanne sighs, eventually.

"Fine. I'm in."

"What plan? Who's in?" Indiana comes up and asks. Oh shit. Why couldn't you just be Austin or Declan? God, this would be so much easier.

"Nothing to your concern," I state casually. Indiana scoffs, then chuckles sarcastically.

"You know, Jada, most people run from their problems. You? You're just going back to them. Why is that?" She smirks. Why is she trying to aggravate me every possible time she can?

Okay, Alex, I see you're point now. I wanna burn her esophagus.

"See, that's where you're wrong, Indiana. Alex isn't the problem, you are. And you'll be sorely mistaken if you think I want to keep running back to you."

I chuckle. She's hilarious. She's so immature, it's funny how she turns her anger from Alex to me in a snap. Too bad Alex isn't here to kick her ass again. I could really use it right now.

"If we're your problem, you're still running away."

"Wrong again. Most people run away from their problems because they can't face or get rid of them permanently." I smirk, and glance at my three friends, before bringing my focus back to her. "You, however, are too easy to face, it's boring. And, you're easier to get rid of." After I say that, I can hear the three giggle under their breaths, trying to hold it in. I can feel Iko tense up on my lap. She must not be comfortable, or she's getting upset.

Sadly, Iko was sleeping in the cab of the truck while Alex and Indiana fought. If Iko seen, oh hot damn, Indiana would be lucky if she even survived. Iko is very protective of Alex, I'm very surprised she hasn't ran off trying to sniff-hunt her owner yet.

"Oh, yeah, is that right?" She asks sarcastically, folding her arms in a challenging manner.

"It's one hundred percent right. Now, do yourself a favour and go before our wishes come true. And take note, a lot of peoples do, in time. So go crawl back to StrugglesVille, where you barely know the basics of survival, 'kay? Thanks."