Chapter 35

Edit: August 10th, 2017.

This isn't going to turn out well.

"That's my name?" She replies, and then furrows her eyebrows. "So what's this about being dangerous? And who?"

I sigh. "How much of that conversation did you hear?"

Ryanne shrugs her shoulders. "Half."

"Which half?" I ask more specifically. She frowns, and thinks.

"Second."

A long silence came upon us, and so iffy about the situation I'm in, I get agitated. "This doesn't involve you. Just go away and act like nothing happened."

"Well I kinda need to know. . . if she's dangerous I want to know so I can get out." She tells me. That's a very harsh way of putting it.

"Look, she isn't dangerous so go back to bed. I don't even know why you're out here to begin with."

"Then why did you say she was?"

"Okay, fine, so she's dangerous. But that doesn't give you any right to eavesdrop into our conversation about serious matters."

"Look, I really don't care about your 'serious matters', alright? I care about my health and safety."

"I care about her health and safety." I snap. "You'll be fine. Now go."

"Will she kill me?" Ryanne asks after a while, crossing her arms in a sassy manner.

"Probably not," I say, unsure.

"Probably?" She gulps. "So that means she still can?"

I laugh. She really doesn't understand anything about anyone but herself. "Anyone is capable of killing someone, and everyone has wanted to kill someone." I point out. "A lot of the time it just matters if you have the balls and brains to do it."

"So. . ." She ushers, confused, and ignores my question.

Typical. "Get on her bad side or act like a bad-or dangerous-person, then you totally have the possibility of having your stomach ripped out and shoved down your throat."

"That's very sick." She says rudely. "I've been camping with a psychopath for almost two years?"

"You've been camping with a whole bunch of psychopaths." I hiss. "She just so happens to be cool with killing living ones, too."

Ryanne opens her mouth to say something, but immediately closes it and gulps. She looks scared and worried. I couldn't care less; she shouldn't be eavesdropping in the first place.

"Scat." I order, and she walks away with no more words being said.
___________________

"You need to do something," Parker says, standing over me as my eyes adjust to the bright morning light. "We can't stand around and just wait. We either try or just go. Either way, it's not ending with a 'happily ever after' and we'll need to accept that maybe she's done with us."

"If she forgives us then it will be a good ending," Rayne cuts in, trailing behind him.

"You confessed your fake love for her, Parker." Ryanne scoffs. "You're lucky she'll even breathe in the same air as you."

"Technically she does," Parker says matter-of-factly. "All air includes oxygen, carbon dioxide, and nitrogen. So she could be in Kansas and still breathe the same air."

"Kansas? Really?" Rayne questions with a laugh, rolling her eyes.

"I was thinking of The Wizard of Oz, okay?" He argues. "Ain't nobody got nothing against Dorthy!"