Chapter 15

Edit: April 16th, 2017.

One week later.

Jada's POV

"This one's clear. Let's move to the next." I say to Parker, who waits outside for me.

"Alright. I got this one," he says and enters the house beside me.

We've started going through houses one by one instead of together, because it goes quicker. We both have had our fair share, and it's just easier this way. We chose areas where we would have an idea on where Alex would be: big or secluded areas, gated communities, farmhouses. Even apartments above little shops.

I enter the house on the left, the two doors next to the one Parker's clearing now, and bang on the door. I wait a couple minutes, and after no answer or presence of motion, I enter. I check and scan the kitchen, which ends up to be clear. I move to the next room, the living room, and it's clear as well. I walk up the stairs, and the floor boards creak from under me.

What the? I think to myself.
I continue up the creaking boards and check the bathroom. It's coated with blood all over and I start to hurl at the smell of dead bodies I see spreaded in the bathtub.

Okay, this rooms defintely clear of living things.

Gross!

I move to the master room, which has a trail of blood leading to the other room in here, an attached bedroom, and I open the door, covering my mouth as the smell has gotten stronger and nastier. I walk in and the blood leads over to the closet. A great scene for a horror movie. I open the closet door and back up upon contact, and suddenly feel aware of my surroundings and start feeling self-cautious.

I feel like I'm being watched.

I turn around, and, sure enough, see a walker in the hallway. I turn back around and see three of them come and emerge from the closet. Talk about seven minutes in heaven. They were devouring on a carcass.

"Aw shit," I mutter to myself, panicking. I hold up my gun and kick the one closest to me causing it to collapse on the ground with a loud thud, and then wrestle the other two, shooting one in the head. I turn around as the walker in the hallway is nearing the stairwell to get to me from hearing the commotion. You just had to be two houses over and clear it out, didn't you, Jada?

I walk to him, and push him over the railing, his body going straight through a broken rail and landing on the floor. As I hear the thump from the bottom of the stairs, I slide down the spinning staircase, and jump to my feet. I repetively stomp on the face of the cannibal, and stop once half of its face is missing. That's ought to do it.

I look up to the front door and stare as Parker sees me crush this things skull.

"What?" I say, my voice coming out snappy.

Parker simply shakes his head amusedly. "Nothing."

"Let's move on to the country side," I say to him, panting. I step over the body and close the door.

"How many?" Parker says as we leave the suburbs.

"Three were feeding on a carcass in the closet. . . and one was roaming around the hallway upstairs." I answer.

"How did you not see it when it was just roaming up there?" He asks.

"It must've came from one of the rooms I didn't go through well enough." I shrug.

"How? You're suppose to clear all the rooms," he states.

"I know, Parker. There was only one room I didn't clear out. That's probably where she came from." I say through gritted teeth.
We only went a few miles all directions, because I know Alex wouldn't have went that far in town; it's too exposing. Or that she even took camp that far out. We have so far cleared a few more houses quickly in the rural land than in the city.